Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Very Good 4/5
The Buccaneer St Croix(Christiansted)
Great 4.5/5
Company House Hotel(Christiansted)
Average 3/5
Hotel on the Cay(Christiansted)
King Christian Hotel(Christiansted)
Average 3/5
Club Comanche(Christiansted)
  • Breakfast included
Kings Alley Hotel(Christiansted)
Holger Danske Hotel(Christiansted)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsmini golfbig alstarlite grillegift shopdriving rangest croixbuck islandoff seasonour honeymoonwater sportsrented a carthe general managerfire dancerslaid backnightly entertainmentmoko jumbieseast end of the island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My friend and I were looking for some rest and relaxation on a beautiful beach, and we got that, and so much more staying at the Divi! One of my favorite things there was all the friends we made. I felt so many of the staff went out of their way to ensure that we were having a wonderful experience, and to see if there was any way that they could make it better. We were always greeted with smiles, and staff turned into friends. I so appreciated Edmund greeting me daily, with that contagious smile of his; Felipe helping to get me from Point A to Point B (as I was on crutches), and even taking the scenic route per our request! What a sweetie! EC, the manager, was absolutely amazing and helped me out in more ways than I can write about. The bartenders were great, always seemed eager to bring you your next drink, even if they were swamped (Scott, Krys, and Curt). They each had a unique way of making your drink special. The fellas at the beach activities shack were wonderful too. Sean made sure to get me out on a paddle board even though I was somewhat disabled and a bit timid of doing any activities, and Robert was kind, super sweet and most helpful! Make sure to visit them, whether you want to paddle board, snorkel, or kayak, they most certainly will show you a good time! And I can't say enough about the folks at East End Pizza. We loved the food there so much, and the incredible staff, that we went 3 nights in a row! David is an absolute sweetheart, who takes "bartender" and "server" to a whole new level, and made us feel welcome and at home each time we came, that man is full of love and we definitely felt it. And Sharon and Owen were not only wonderful, but made it fun to be there! We certainly felt like we'd created a Divi family in the week that we were there. I'm sure I'm forgetting some of the best aspects and people of Divi, but there are just too many to remember! If you're looking for a laid back, relaxing, fun, easy-breezy vacation, this is the place for you! I've been home a week, and am already quite homesick for the Divi and my family there. I will surely be back.

Room Tip: I preferred my room closer to the lobby, mostly so that I could access WiFi from the balcony. Many guests loved their first floor rooms due to proximity to the beach, but I had an amazing view from the 2nd floor (which is also convenient to the lobby, getting towels, making dinner reservations and gift shop). I've heard that there are rooms which have been more recently renovated, but I honestly felt as if my location was perfect for me. Next time, I may try to stay on the first floor for that beach access, but there's something to be said about watching the sunrise over that beautiful ocean, right from your own balcony!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
EC G, Manager on Duty at Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

What a wonderful review! A great vacation is only made better by the friends you make along the way. I’m sure everyone feels honored to know that they not only made a difference in your stay but you consider them to be a friend and they made you feel a part of the Divi Family.

Thank you for sharing a review of how your stay with us turned out! By your review, it seems the staff and their hospitality loaned a great deal to your experience. We wish you a great recovery and hope you return to St. Croix in the future sans crutches.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We read the reviews. We came expecting mediocre. We left very happy. The staff was friendly and helpful. Always smiling. One of our bags was lost coming in from Miami. It had all of our toiletries. We informed the desk that we hope to have a bag dropped off. That led to describing the contents and the staff at the front desk gave us every single item we needed. I mean everything! (except sunscreen understandably). I was floored! We stayed in the villas and were not in the all inclusive plan. The room was perfect. We had a kitchenette, shower and jet tub, one bedroom and an incredible view. East End Pizza is unforgettable. David and Celina and the rest of the staff make you feel right at home. Friendly and inviting. I can't say enough.

Room Tip: The villas offer kitchenettes, their own pool and hot tub, and incredible views. We did not see a standard room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
EC G, Manager on Duty at Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for sharing a review of your visit with us! Having a lost bag can be something that could definitely make a vacation not so pleasant so it was our pleasure to change that around for you.

Customer Service is the most important issue that we, in the Hospitality Industry, are faced with and one that we try to tackle to the best of our ability each day. Thank you for letting us know that the steps that we have taken to improve our customer service standards are working. I’m sure that the Pizza and Front Desk staff will be thrilled to read how much their hard work made a difference to your stay.

Thanks again for your review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We arrived to a very welcoming staff who was able to appreciate the fact "The 3 New Jersey Girls" needed to be able to have a very enjoyable vacation. Every morning and throughout the day there were smiles given at every encounter that we needed assistance. We would really like to acknowledge Edmund for all his help during our stay and the front desk crew for helping us with their friendly demeanor. The villa we stayed in was clean and perfect for our needs. We had a lovely view of the ocean. Speaking about the ocean, we got to experience the beauty of the marine life with a tour by Sean. We had gone on other snorkling tours on the island and Sean was the most informative. He also taught us proper technique for using the paddle boards and made the activities of the resort an excellent experience!!!! We will come back for sure.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Michelle M

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review of your stay with us. Glad you ladies enjoyed your vacation!

Edmond certainly is a very special part of the Resort and with the help of our Front Desk team he can do just about anything. We are located around the East End Marine Park and encourage our Activities Attendants to know about the reef and the variations of sea life in our area. I’m sure Sean is very glad to hear that you found the tour and his instructions to be informative.

Thanks again for sharing the memories of your stay with us! We hope to see you ladies again soon!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

The divi was our first all inclusive resort we vacationed at. We were looking for small, and quiet and we found this place to be just that. We were very pleased with our stay and would vacation there again but hopefully a few things will be changed by then. Room was always clean, even the windows were washed daily but our shower had no cold water. We learned that this had been an ongoing issue but was not being addressed. We read that there were more activities that never took place such as the fire dancers. Also there were several instances where no one was attending there beach activity shack. Now as for the staff at the Divi. Most of the staff was very helpful and pleasant especially Krys, Marlin, and David at the pizza restaurant who exceeded in customer service. A small inconvenience was when every night at dinner the hotel manager would come over and start conversation during chewing. I understand an introduction but not every night. We went to the gift shop to book an excursion and found the staff to be less then pleasant although the store manager was very helpful. The food started to get a little repetitive towards the end of our stay but the casino provided a variety which we enjoyed as well as breakfast always being good. The best part of this vacation was to be able to walk a few feet from your room to the beach and always be able to find a private spot and chair. Overall we loved our vacation to St. Croix. Thanks to all the staff at the Divi for making our first all inclusive stay memorable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff B

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us! We are glad to hear that our location brought you the serenity that you were looking for in a vacation.

There are different activities that you would need reservations or appointments for. During the day, the Gift Shop would be able to help you plan your vacation. There are some things that the Front Desk Clerk at night would be able to assist with setting up for you. We encourage guests to start with the Gift Shop because most businesses around the island (tour and otherwise) close at 5pm. However, at check in guests are given a calendar of activities to assist with the planning of their stay. Additionally, each morning at breakfast you could find our “Divi Melee” which is a short type of in house news letter that let’s guests know what is happening today and what will be taking place the following day. The Fire Dancers have not missed a show for the year thus far. In fact, they have actually been performing even with the high winds. Perhaps it was not clear what time they perform.

You mentioned the Beach Shack not having anyone in it. The attendants take guests out on snorkel or kayak tours at different times during the day and sometimes depending on the size of the group they will make an impromptu trip. Aside from that, the attendants also walk the beach and play different games with guests. It is possible that you may have just missed them. However, any member of our staff would be happy to assist you or point you in the right direction.

Once again, thank you for your review of your stay with us. Slowing down from the steady hustle and bustle of daily living really is what St. Croix is all about and we are glad that you found exactly what you were looking for.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We went to the Divi for our honeymoon, despite the bad reviews we had a wonderful time, everything was pretty, and improvements were being made daily, our room was great, they provided us with a gift of mugs with little bottles of rum, the maid was there everyday and our room smelled and looked clean, the pool was pretty, the meals were yummy, the pizza place rocked, they cleaned the seaweed every day, the bar tenders were nice, the entertainment was good. We had no complaints.

Room Tip: We had the run of the house and overlooked the pier I awoke to a beautiful sunrise daily we had purchased the all inclusive.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank harleysrfun
EC G, Manager on Duty at Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

We're always excited to meet newlyweds and you guys were such fun! We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed your honeymoon with all the romance and memorable moments that could be shared for such a special celebration. It was our pleasure to share in the building blocks of your future. We wish you the best and hope to see you again soon.

Thank you for sharing the love and posting this review!

EC, Manger on Duty