Club Comanche(Christiansted)
$179
$140
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Caravelle on St. Croix(Christiansted)(Great Value!)
$149
$145
Hotel on the Cay(Christiansted)(Great Value!)
$151
Holger Danske Hotel(Christiansted)
$116
Orbitz.com
$225
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Buccaneer St Croix(Christiansted)
$299
$199
King Christian Hotel(Christiansted)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsbuck islandwasher dryerst croixgrocery storecane baythe ground floormaster bedroomsecurity guardquiet islandevery morningnice breezesandy pointrelaxing vacationnight lifelounge chairsleslieunits
Reviewed September 15, 2017

The Sugar Beach Bay resort turned out to be condos with owners and some of which are rented/ booked as a hotel. Although my apartment was fully furnished, all of this was dated. That means the furniture, décor and most importantly the A/C unit. When I checked in I got a sheet of paper that gave some tips on how make the A/C cool more. Gave those tips a try but by the second day of my stay I knew it was going to be a long 4 days. Given that I went during the summer season, just ineffective in providing comfort.

Another drawback of Sugar Beach was the location, it was from any of the popular spots on the island.

The only good thing worth mentioning was the staff was friendly in providing information.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2017

Very solid and accommodating facilities. We were there in September when Irma came thru and we were very safe. The office has a back up generator, so they had power for us to make coffee and it ran the pumps to keep us supplied with water. They checked on us regularly to see how we were doing. Beach is ok and pool is very nice.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed July 3, 2017

We spent 6 nights at Theatre on the Beach (unit 208) and in one word, awesome! We loved the set-up of the condo and it has everything you need. The view is gorgeous (nothing beats the sound of the constant waves!) , the staff is friendly, the grounds and pool are exceptionally kept. The condo location is excellent, easy to get to everything you need and for exploring the island. It was convenient having the washer/dryer as we had carry on only. A tip – when buying laundry detergent at the grocery store, look for the small bag!! The large (bulk) bags were set up at the end of the isle and right around the corner were small bags which would have been plenty and less expensive, oh well, the cleaning person will have detergent for a while (: The grocery store (East Plaza?) was well stocked, we like shopping where the locals do. We enjoyed watching the seaplanes arriving (I couldn’t help saying Da Plane, Da Plane almost every time) and departing from the balcony. We rented a Jeep from Centerline (easy to deal with) so were able to explore each day. Not in order - We went to Sandy Point (closed) then to Beach Side Café, beautiful view. We stopped at Columbus Landing but def a local party going on so we let them be (: Then on to Cane Bay and a beer at Off The Wall. From there we went to Mt Pellier Hut Domino Club, we had beans/rice, pulled pork and a delicious Johnny Cake plus a MamaWanna, we passed on giving the pigs a beer. Went on to Rainbow Bay which was very lively/festive on Sunday Funday. We went to Point Udall then hiked/snorkeled Isaac Bay. We loved driving around taking in the culture, scenery and beautiful views. The Cruzan Rum Distillery tour was fantastic, well worth going on. We bought matching Crucian Turkshead silver wedding bands (married 26 years!) at Crucian Gold/”Feel the Love”, absolutely love them. The highlight of the trip was a day sail to Buck Island on Caribbean Adventure with Grant and Moose, they were incredible. Snorkeling was like being in an aquarium. We then stopped at Turtle Beach, Grant/Moose provided a wonderful tip on where to snorkel, which I thankfully took them up on. I saw two turtles, a sting ray and 4 sand dollars. My husband was on shore while I snorkeled, he watched a very large turtle come up next to me then swim off, I never saw it! Overall it was unusually windy while we were at St. Croix so made snorkeling a little more difficult but we know there is nothing that can be done about Mother Nature. Leslie was quick to get back with me on any question, very helpful and wonderful to work with. We highly recommend her unit and a visit to St. Croix, you won’t be sorry.

Stayed: June 2017
3  Thank fs2
Chris T, Guest Relations Manager at Sugar Beach Condo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Thank you so much for you review, We are happy you enjoyed your stay at Sugar Beach St. Croix and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip

Reviewed June 24, 2017

I never expected this place to be as beautiful as it was. The minute I walked in those doors to 301, I saw the beautiful turquoise waters and palm trees right in front of me and felt absolutely rejuvinated. I walked out onto the large balcony and caught a fresh breeze coming from the ocean. I've come to realize I love and will miss that smell considering I come from a place with no ocean waters. Not to mention again, the stunning view. The condo was like something out of a catalog. So many vibrant colors everywhere mixed in perfectly. Every room made me feel happy. This condo was perfect, clean, and beautiful. What else could I ask for. It had all the essentials I needed. An easy trip to the grocery market Andy easy beach access with hammocks. Breezes (the food place right on the beach next to the condo) restaurant was nice and very convenient after my long day of flying. Every morning I was woken up peacefully by the Carribbean sunlight. What a wonderful thing! It was so relaxing. Some of my favorite activities there were a Buck Island snorkeling tour, a bioluminescent kayaking trip, and a stand up paddling day. While those are costly excursions, it's fascinating the amount of free adventures there are to do there as well. I enjoyed jumping off the Fredricksted pier, doing the Point Udall and the Carambola hikes, and even just relaxing at different beaches and enjoying different foods anywhere I went. No day was shy of amazing while I was on the island of St. Croix. I would highly recommend visiting. I know I will soon be coming back to have yet another adventurous trip.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank danyamaz13

Thank you so much for your review, We are glad you enjoyed your stay hear at Sugar Beach St. Croix and look forward to meeting your vacation needs on your next trip to St. Croix and Sugar Beach.

Reviewed June 7, 2017 via mobile

After seeing the island, there are so many nicer places to stay. I wish I could post the video of the hammering that took place on the wall beside the master bedroom every morning at 8amEST. There are roaches. The condo we stayed in is disgusting and you have to climb 24 steps to get to the pool (which by far is the nicest part of the place). The beach is dirty and rocky and the chairs and hammocks are falling apart. Stay toward fredricksted where you don't have to worry about getting your door kicked in (see pictures) or your child getting stitches from things falling off the wall because they aren't properly screwed in (see pictures). Blood on sheets (pictures) and mold in every bathroom (pictures) unfortunately I could only show you 10 pictures but I have hundreds. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family