We just returned from a wonderful 8 day stay. Our party consisted of my husband, two children (11 boy and 12 girl), my mother in law and myself. It was very warm (+90 degrees) and we never turned on an air conditioner. The breezes from the ocean kept every room comfortable. The staff responded very quickly to any request we had which was only for a malfunctioning fan and a can opener (we actually already had one but couldn't find it). The condo is incredibly well equipped. The beach is great and although there is turtle grass it is very soft and not like seaweed or anything.
We tired the kids out by Wednesday with snorkeling and diving and then they wanted a day to hang out by the 60" plasma TV. That worked out really well. There are many movies for the kids which is great.
We stocked food for the week for about 300.00 for all of us and this includes alcohol and Thanksgiving dinner. Pretty cheap even with the prices more expensive on the island. Word of warning..laundry detergent is about 10-14 dollars. Pricey for detergent!
The pool is great and when we weren't in the ocean we were hanging out by the pool. The pool is always open which makes it nice for a late night swim. We got to go to the Jump Festival which is phenomenal if you have the opportunity. Buck Island snorkeling is a MUST.
Car rental is a must and and we rented ours from Judi's. They pick you up at the airport and you just drop it off when you are done. Perfect. The streets are narrow (and left side) but people are really patient with traffic and let you in to the traffic flow.
You need to drive up to Fredriksted and see the sights there. The rain forest is really cool and we went to a couple of the plantations.
If you are looking for a wonderful relaxing time go to St. Croix, stay here and enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach is a condominium resort on St. Croix, USVI with studio, one, two, three and four bedroom units - all directly on the beach! We welcome you to stay in your own private condo - complete with balconies, fans, central air conditioning, beautiful furnishings, and your very own kitchen. The resort also offers complementary WiFi in all condos, 2 tennis courts, hammocks and lounge chairs on the beach plus kayaks and Zayaks (glass bottom snorkel sleds). Sugar Beach is ideal for Active Travelers looking for accommodations in the middle of the action with a "home" base to come back to at the end of the day. The choices of island activities are endless - days can be filled with diving and snorkeling, kayaking, nature hiking, horseback riding, golfing, sailing, jeep tours through the rain forest and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Kognitiv US Corp, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cancelon, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sugar Beach Condo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Beach Condominiums Hotel St. Croix
- Sugar Beach Condo Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands