All in all, the condo was very nice. We were in a four-bedroom for 6 people, and it worked out really well. The beach was nice. Watch out for the people riding horses on the beach, many of these horses are out of control and come very close to stepping on you. The pool is wonderful. It has nice little areas you can sit and read in. The staff was not all that helpful, and you really had to tell your maid many times to do something. The restaurant next door, Breezes, was very good. The staff is so nice and the food is alright as well. My biggest problem with this place is that you feel really un-safe there. We heard from some people that a while back someone had gotten beat up in the pool area. There are poor people living right behind the resort, which is mostly the reaosn why you don't feel sompletely safe. If you get a chance, you should defintley go to the Buccaneer for the day. The beaches are amazing and their restaurants are also very nice. The tennis courts were alright, but the lights would all of a sudden run out at night and it would be quite hard to find your way back to the pool area. In town there is some shopping. Many jewlers selling the famous Carribean hook, I wound up buying quite a few of those. A friend of mind took her Scuba certificate at some place in christiansted, but I can'tremember what it was called. She was very pleased with it and said that the people were very polite and patient. I heard that they are making an effort to clean up 'Time Square' which is a very good idea. When I drove by there, it looked like a bunch of prostitues and drug dealers haning out trying to make some money. There are several restaurants around that are quite good. Villa Madelaine (or something like that) has absolutley amazing views, and the food is very good. During the evening you could also go to the restaurant at the top of the Buccanner resort. It wa smy favourite.The views were stunning and it had a such a nice atmosphere.
My father is a big golf player and played on all the golf courses on the island. he was very pleased with allof them and said they were all in very good condition. His favourite wads the one at the Buccaneer Resort.
Sugar Beach is not abad place to stay, but it is unfortunate that you cannot feel completely safe there. If this is a big issue for you, as it is for me, I would recoommend staying at one of the bigger resorts such as the Buccaneer, or Carambola.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach is a condominium resort on St. Croix, USVI with studio, one, two, three and four bedroom units - all directly on the beach! We welcome you to stay in your own private condo - complete with balconies, fans, central air conditioning, beautiful furnishings, and your very own kitchen. The resort also offers complementary WiFi in all condos, 2 tennis courts, hammocks and lounge chairs on the beach plus kayaks and Zayaks (glass bottom snorkel sleds). Sugar Beach is ideal for Active Travelers looking for accommodations in the middle of the action with a "home" base to come back to at the end of the day. The choices of island activities are endless - days can be filled with diving and snorkeling, kayaking, nature hiking, horseback riding, golfing, sailing, jeep tours through the rain forest and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sugar Beach Condo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Beach Condominiums Hotel St. Croix
- Sugar Beach Condo Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands