I had the opportunity to travel with family to St Croix in January 2014. We were 4 adults and stayed in unit 313 at Sugar Beach. I highly recommend both that unit and Sugar Beach Resort. The unit, although listed as a one bedroom, has a loft with two twin beds (can push together and I was told the office will provide a conversion kit to turn into king size bed although we didn't try that) and it's own miniature half bath. There is also full tiled bath on main level and queen size bed in master bed. It was perfect for 4 adults - and would be great for a couple and two kids as well. The unit itself was clean, very comfortable and just plain sweet. Furnished with wicker furniture and island decor it was well appointed and we found everything we needed including beach towels, wifi access, tons of books, and an amazing balcony with table and chairs looking directly out onto the pristine waters (still can't get over that amazing turquoise color - and the view from the 3rd floor is superb) where we spent much time and every meal (when we weren't out exploring some of the local restaurants). Kitchen had all the essentials which was great as I enjoy cooking. Morning and evening beach strolls starting right in front of the condo were a highlight. As was watching the amazing kite surfers right in front of the units doing fantastic tricks - although I think the daily diving pelicans beat the surfers. I also loved early mornings curled up reading in the chair on the balcony feeling the island breezes and ocean right there.
Speaking of breezes - I am not very fond of air conditioning and was delighted to find the open balcony doors along with opening the sliding door in the back bedroom created a great breeze through the house and made things very comfortable. On real warm nights turning the ceiling fan or room fan in the loft made sleeping very comfortable as well without the use of A/C. Re: swimming at the unit - There is a large swatch of sea grass in the water in front which took me a little bit of getting used to - however didn't stop me from going in the water. And, once I got used to it, it was fine - and I liked playing around in it. (you can avoid it by staying more shallow or walking a bit up the beach if you prefer) - and of course if you prefer they also have a pool at the resort.
Found the staff at Sugar Beach to be extremely friendly and helpful - from management to the wonderful woman who clean the units. Other guests were also very friendly.
Overall a wonderful, relaxing, easy, kick back, comfortable vacation. I plan on returning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach is a condominium resort on St. Croix, USVI with studio, one, two, three and four bedroom units - all directly on the beach! We welcome you to stay in your own private condo - complete with balconies, fans, central air conditioning, beautiful furnishings, and your very own kitchen. The resort also offers complementary WiFi in all condos, 2 tennis courts, hammocks and lounge chairs on the beach plus kayaks and Zayaks (glass bottom snorkel sleds). Sugar Beach is ideal for Active Travelers looking for accommodations in the middle of the action with a "home" base to come back to at the end of the day. The choices of island activities are endless - days can be filled with diving and snorkeling, kayaking, nature hiking, horseback riding, golfing, sailing, jeep tours through the rain forest and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sugar Beach Condo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Beach Condominiums Hotel St. Croix
- Sugar Beach Condo Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands