The Sugar Beach condos are not in the best part of town, but they are a great price because of it. You'll need a car or have to rely on taxis if you want to get into Christiansted proper. Our condo was clean and well-supplied with rental basics (soaps, kitchen cleaners, beach chairs, linens, etc), and we really enjoyed the view out to the reef. The master bedroom was great and had a good master bath with walk-in shower. The other bedroom was a bit stuffy if you closed the door, so folks just left the door open. The condo is designed with enough hallway doors for privacy.
Sugar Beach is in the middle of a long strip of condo developments along a beach. The sand isn't superfine (certainly not sugar), and the water has a lot of sea grass which they constantly rake off the beach itself, but the snorkeling out to the tire reef is fantastic! There's always a nice breeze on the porch and you can hear the surf at night. Blissful.
Across the street on the backside of the property is the projects. Stay respectful of their space and you shouldn't have a problem; Sugar Beach also has night watchmen who walk the beach. There are also bars on all the windows, but truly, they do not impair the beach experience.
There's a decent club house with a computer and a very nice pool area. We had a few meals out there and it was fun. Right next door is another condo which has the restaurant Breezes, a good place to eat. You can walk west along the shore (wear rock shoes) and end up at Estate Little Princess, a Nature Conservancy spot that's a delight to explore.
Christiansted is a 7 minute car ride away. There are a number of grocery stores nearby; ask at the desk for the better ones to go to, depending on what you want.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach is a condominium resort on St. Croix, USVI with studio, one, two, three and four bedroom units - all directly on the beach! We welcome you to stay in your own private condo - complete with balconies, fans, central air conditioning, beautiful furnishings, and your very own kitchen. The resort also offers complementary WiFi in all condos, 2 tennis courts, hammocks and lounge chairs on the beach plus kayaks and Zayaks (glass bottom snorkel sleds). Sugar Beach is ideal for Active Travelers looking for accommodations in the middle of the action with a "home" base to come back to at the end of the day. The choices of island activities are endless - days can be filled with diving and snorkeling, kayaking, nature hiking, horseback riding, golfing, sailing, jeep tours through the rain forest and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sugar Beach Condo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Beach Condominiums Hotel St. Croix
- Sugar Beach Condo Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands