1,612 results
All reviews mermaid beach golf course grotto pool great house ocean front buck island st croix jogging trail family cottage main building turn down service concierge desk oceanfront room tennis courts rum punch sugar mill beautiful resort
Selected filters
Reviewed May 17, 2019

Let me start off by saying this place is paradise! We choose this resort based off all the great reviews I read. I did a lot of researching. I began in August 2018 planning our wedding with the resort coordinator Erin and let me just tell you that she is more than amazing. From our very first conversation she made me feel at ease and confident that she would plan our day. I'm the type person who always has questions and she was always there to answer them very quickly and always friendly. She made our wedding day perfect. I had my hair and makeup done, which Erin sets up, and the ladies came right to our room. Literally you do not have to plan a thing. She does everything for you. We got married on Whistle beach which is a secluded/private beach. It was right around the corner from our honeymoon suite. It was just the two of us so it was very private and romantic. Erin picks you up in the resort van from your room and drives you to the beach where everything is set up and just beautiful! We had a photographer take our pictures and let me say that Kelly Greer was amazing at capturing our special moments as we became husband and wife! We spent 7 days at the resort. Arrived on a Sunday and got married on Wednesday. The entire week was paradise. The staff is wonderful and accommodating. Anything we needed it was there quickly. The front desk staff was amazing as well as the concierge desk. Nadia, Joel, and Julisa were just wonderful. Everyone was but I just don't have everyone's name. The resort is clean and the food is delicious and the drinks were awesome. Every morning you get to eat up at the Terrace for breakfast. They have a full breakfast bar with anything you could ever want and that is included in the package an no additional charge. There was a gentleman there every morning to great us, welcoming us, he was so pleasant. We looked forward to seeing him every morning. If you are planning a trip to St. Croix and want a fabulous place to stay I highly recommend the Buccaneer. If you are planning to get married while there I highly recommend you contact Erin. You will not regret it!! I can't thank Erin or the Buccaneer Staff enough for everything. They made our wedding day a fairytale! This place will always hold a special place in heart. We are already planning on returning for our 1st Anniversary and many more visits to come!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2019

We had an ocean front room. Other than the walking to the main lobby, our view, room and service was marvelous. The breakfast was not free, but was very good. the beach was fabulous. The shells, weather and ocean a delight. The hotel has a variety of room locations as it sits on top of a hill overlooking the ocean.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed May 13, 2019

We booked our trip in December 2018, to visit the island from April 16th-25th 2019, solely based on tripadvisor reviews. While in St. Croix, we planned to get married at the hotel. I spoke/emailed with Erin (wedding planner) for a few months before actually arriving. She made sure that everything was arranged and on time. My hair and makeup stylist came to our room and helped get me around! To say the day went perfectly, is an understatement. It was just my husband Alex and I that attended our ceremony, as we wanted something very intimate and private. The ceremony was literally on the beach, and it was like something from a fairy tail. Our photographer Nicole, was super sweet and down to earth. She made us feel very comfortable, as we've never had professional pictures taken previously.
Aside from the ceremony, our room was upgraded to the honeymoon suite right on the water, which was PHENOMENAL! The view and location can't be beat! We had our own private terrace, huge walk in shower, jacuzzi tub, and a separate toilet closet. We had 2 sinks, and a walk in closet that puts ours at home to shame! The air conditioning worked wonderfully, and the king bed was quite comfortable too (more on the soft side). The woman who cleaned our room every day did an exceptional job! It was a treat in itself to not have to wash towels and bed sheets! They replaced all of the dirty towels while cleaning the room, and then again in the evening during the "turn down service." All of the staff was wonderful. We went to the bar at The Terrace every night, and quickly became known by name by the staff. The main bar tenders Bridget, J, and Leubens were all super fun, and EXTREMELY knowledgeable with making drinks, and provided great conversation! At breakfast time, there was an older gentlemen that worked at the buffet. He made our day every morning! He was the SWEETEST and one of the most genuinely happy people we've ever met!
Getting around the Island and hotel's property was pretty easy. Our room was the farthest from the main building and you can call the lobby and have a "taxi" sent down to either bring you to the main building where the Terrace and Lounge restaurants are, or they can take you wherever you wish on the Island. We usually walked up, as we didn't mind the exercise, but the hill is HUGE. If you're going to walk from any of the beaches, it is a climb! The view from the top of the hill is amazing though.
Overall at the end of the trip, I didn't want to leave the island. Everyone, including the locals, makes you feel like family. We didn't incur a single rude, or grumpy person during the 11 days we stayed on the island. Neither of us can wait to visit again, and we're thinking it'll be sooner than we expect!

Room tip: depending on your budget, if you can afford the higher priced rooms, it's worth the money to be right on the water!
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

The food was amazing. The ambience was in incredible! They had live music at both the Grotto and Lounge. Sunsets are amazing. The staff was very nice. I strongly recommend it to anyone looking for a fun night for relaxation.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

We went to the Buccaneer Resort on 2 of the 6 days we were on the island and got to experience the restaurant and beautiful beach. All of the staff was SO nice even though we were not staying in property and gladly explained the accommodation options to us.

Trip type: Traveled with family