“Love the beach”

The Buccaneer St Croix
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Christiansted
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We did not stay at the Buccaneer, but spent several days at the beach there and ate at the Mermaid beach restaurant. Since we rented a home up in the hills we did not have a beach to go to and the Buccaneer was recommended as one of the beaches. We absolutely loved it there. The Mermaid is a great restaurant for lunch and drinks while you are on the beach. You can have your lunch under the restaurant pavilion or right on the beach. The beach is very nice and the water was calm and nice to swim in. As a treat there were iguanas visiting on the beach and dock area so they were fun to watch. I do not know the man's name at the gate but he was so friendly and got to know my name since we were in an out of the resort so much. I enjoyed seeing him every time we went in to the resort. Sorry I did not get to say goodbye to him. I loved this place. We had the best of both worlds - a nice house in the hills and a beautiful beach nearby to go to.

1  Thank lvstravling
Write a ReviewReviews (1,434)

Reviewed February 4, 2014

The Buccaneer is a stunning property situated on a several long stretches of beach in St Croix. The resort itself has a very classic and timeless feel to it. The 300 acre property has everything you can ever think about doing on a vacation - especially golf and easy access to its two private beaches with white sand and turquoise waters. The resort is guarded and protected by security which adds comfort to your stay. The service is impeccable. The resort is spread out so it's often quite a walk to the restaurant. Within seconds of picking up your phone (every single time without fail), a car is at your front door in less then a minute to take you anywhere on the property that you like. The service is truly 5 star. And let's not forget about the beautiful white sand beach and cafe right behind it. It's the perfect place to relax and the Buccaneer has exclusive access to it. You can also walk to a secluded beach which is very close. Lastly, the views are spectacular and because there is so much open space around the resort, you are often rewarded with giant rainbows early in the morning.

All in all, it's safe to say that the Buccaneer is the best resort in St. Croix.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jakewtravels
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This was our first trip to Saint Croix and our first Bucaneer experience. We consider ourself truly fortunate to have discovered what ended up to be the best vacation of our lives. The trip there via Jet Blue was fabulous from Boston to San Juan and then a quick 22 minute flight to Saint Croix. The resort itself was breathtaking. The grounds, the restaurants, the rooms are all spectacular. The three beaches and the activities available to myself and my children kept everyone happy and smiling. The food was amazing and delicious. The resort has a wonderful island casual feel and the service was refined and gracious. We fell in love the the wonderful warm hospitality shown to us. From Diane in reservations, who helped us to book the perfect room, to Oceanna at the front desk, to Julie at concierge, to our friend CJay at the beach outfitting us with sea kayaks and snorkling gear each day, to Delma and Melrose and Devin in the restaurant who made each morning bright, to Bachelor the van driver who provided transportation and history lessons in route, to Vicki in Sales who insured our stay was everything we wanted it to be and more....I cannot say enough about the Bucaneer. We talked to many many families and couples during our one week stay who were celebranting their 2nd, 5th, 10th and even 22nd year coming back to the resort to relax and enjoy Saint Croix and the Bucaneer. It's easy to understand why they come back year after year. We cannot wait to make a return visit and already feel like we are part of the Bucaneer family.

5  Thank Felice502014
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We visited the Buccaneer from 1/5-1/15 of this year (2014). This was our 5th visit since 2006. We keep coming back for a reason. Quite simply, the Buccaneer continues to be the best of anywhere we have stayed. The level of service that is provided is simply incredible. It seems that every single person on staff is obsessed with making sure you have a wonderful stay. The grounds are beautiful, the food excellent, the location and views terrific, and the staff will do everything possible to accommodate whatever it is you want to do. The tennis facilities are top notch and the beaches relaxing (especially the Mermaid Beach). We occasionally think of visiting some other place, but can't find a good reason to do so when the Buccaneer continues to shine like it does. highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the point. The view of the water is fabulous.
3  Thank kyjd75
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I cannot imagine staying at any other hotel on St. Croix other than the Buccaneer. IIts very safe, private with Golf Course, Gym, facilities for jogging, beach restaurants apart from the main restaurant. It was so amazing to see the staff welcoming guests who go there every year!!! I felt like a celebrity because all the staff recognised me, they went out of their way to ensure that I had the breakfast I needed whether it was on the menu or not, Phyllis who is the supervisor at breakfast ensured that I had my usual seat with a scenic view, and Ozzie and Babylon saw to my every need at breakfast. The room was as usual - to live for. and Caryl made it her duty to find out whether I was happy with my room and to let her know whether there was anything she could do to make my stay and enjoyable one. How's that for service??? dinner was amazing at the Buccaneer. I had lobster to live for!!! Just an amazing hotel with wonderful staff. The true test of Customer service came when I was trying to get a flight out of St. Croix to the UK. All flights to New York were cancelled and Diane stayed on the phone for 1hr (ONE HOUR!!!) until she got me a flight via Miami!!! I have NEVER seen such dedication to a client as I did with Diane!!! She deserves to be Staff of the year!!! Thank you Diane!!

Room Tip: Discuss your preference with staff. I needed a room on the beach so that I could see the beach from...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Only 1.5 miles from downtown Christiansted, the Buccaneer is a beautiful resort, with rolling hills, three sand beaches, and 18 hole golf course. The rooms are spacious and well furnished, with excellent views of the shore and sea.

The main building sits on a hilltop, with a terrace bar and restaurant and incredible vistas of sea and mountains; we made a point of stopping by before dinner for a drink and to watch the sunset.
There is a beautiful running/walking path that winds around the golf course and along the beach, which we put to good use each morning. A great way to build an appetite for the buffet breakfast.
The staff were friendly and helpful; quick to respond to any special request.
Overall, we had a great time at the Buccaneer and recommend it to anyone planning a trip to St. Croix.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank J B
Reviewed January 10, 2014

My husband and I booked our honeymoon in the middle of October. (A while ago, I know.) It was the best vacation we've ever been on. My husband had never seen the ocean and he was BLOWN away by not only the hotel but the service that comes with it. There are amazing three beaches this property is on. We spent most of our time on Mermaid Beach due to the fact that Whistle Beach is more private and secluded and Grotto Beach had only certain areas where it was safe to enter the water due to sea anemones. All the restaurants were amazing and we loved all of our waitresses/waiters. Everyone was VERY NICE!! We took a snorkel tour to Buck Island through Caribbean Tours with Captain Mike. I will recommend him to anyone. There was a young gentleman who worked at the beach shack on certain days and gave a snorkel tour. He let my husband safely pick up the white sea anemones and showed him where there was an octopus and many sea turtles. We loved this place so much that when we got home that I immediately booked our second trip for February. What we liked most that beaches were not crowded and we could swim around comfortably without the worry of running into anyone. I'm not sure if in February it will be different, but we are excited anyways!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Heather B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansted
Sugar Beach Condo Resort
Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa
The Palms at Pelican Cove
The Palms at Pelican Cove
#2 of 14 in Christiansted

Been to The Buccaneer St Croix? Share your experiences!