The Buccaneer St Croix
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hotel on the Cay(Christiansted)
King Christian Hotel(Christiansted)
Company House Hotel(Christiansted)
Kings Alley Hotel(Christiansted)
Club Comanche(Christiansted)
  • Breakfast included
Holger Danske Hotel(Christiansted)
1,482 results
All reviewsmermaid beachgolf coursegrotto poolocean frontgreat housebuck islandkids campjogging trailst croixterrace barfamily cottagemain buildingconcierge deskoceanfront roomtennis courtsrum punchsugar mill
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Starting with the positives - the Great House is gorgeous and the music they featured in the restaurant was astonishingly good. Many of the staff are exceptional. I loved that they had fruit-infused water in the lobby. And the views of the ocean and Christiansted are amazing.

There were a few bumps in my trip. My room had a wonderful view. And a dead gecko that looked like it had been there awhile. When I mentioned it, it was taken care of quite quickly for island time. I arrived on a Friday and signed up for SUP and a snorkeling tour right away. Unfortunately when I arrived on the beach for SUP, there was no record of my having signed up. The gentleman who contracts with the Buccaneer for SUP offered to reschedule, but I decided to go to St Croix Watersports instead. I decided to double check on the snorkeling trip, and I hadn't been signed up for that, either.

One of the electrical outlets in the bathroom didn't work, and although a magnifying mirror was provided, it didn't work either or even stay in place.

One of the things I liked about The Buccaneer was that it's a no smoking resort, although there were people smoking on Grotto Beach.

Finally, when I was ready to leave there were three taxis waiting. I mentioned that I'd like to share with another family that was going to the airport and the cab driver basically refused. So the trip cost me $40 rather than $15. I shared the cab with a group of Danish people who were staying at the Buccaneer, who were dropped off at their tour meeting place before we went to the airport. So the driver already had several fares. He told me I should have arranged before hand with the hotel to share. While the front desk staff were great, I don't think it would have been difficult to ask a solo traveler if I'd be willing to share a ride to the airport if others were leaving at the same time. They would know far better than I if others were checking out the same day.

After the Danish guests were dropped off the driver spent the rest of the drive complaining about the person he'd done a favor for by transporting them. Unprofessional and unappreciated, especially since he'd just cost me an extra $25.

Room Tip: It was quite an uphill hike from the Mermaid Beach to the great house, which I enjoyed but would be impossible for anyone with physical limitations to manage.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank DakotaninTX
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Spent 4 days at this fabulous hotel. The Honeymoon Dubloom as they call it was great. Ocean view, with a private patio, two sinks in bathroom, a standing shower and a hot tub. We couldn't have asked for more. The staff were all very pleasant. All would greet us day and night. They take pride in their hotel, and it shows. I wouldn't stay anywhere else on St. Croix.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fries_with_Ketchup
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We got married on a private beach there in 2010, and were lucky enough to get back for a day a few years later. Just as beautiful and well kept as we remembered.

Mermaid Beach- best spot to eat I have ever had lunch.

Breakfast every morning on the Terrace was wonderful!!! Very large selection of beautiful fruit to choose from.

Taxi cabs that take you around the grounds are easy to catch.

Very well kept, clean, even bathrooms on the beach.

Golf course is great! Can't beat the beauty of the ocean. Had a perfect day playing golf with husband, mom, and godfather. Highly recommend playing.

Room Tip: Don't miss the breakfast- best fruit selection I have ever seen!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank AustinTravel7
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We just returned from an 8 day holiday to St. Croix and stayed at The Buccaneer. The hotel itself was very nice, well kept, and friendly. After reading some of the reviews, we were a little disappointed in the quality of the beaches located at the hotel. They were nice, but now exactly what we expected. The water was not as clear as it was on other parts of the island but it was still nice. I'm sure we probably hit a bad time and cloudy water is not the norm.
As far as food goes, if you are willing to pay for the dinners - they were great. The breakfast buffet was just that - a breakfast buffet. Food was not always as warm as it could be unless you asked for a special request. They would occasionally run out of specific items and instead of refilling that item, you just had to eat something else.
All of the staff we met were very nice and helpful. They always had a smile on their face and a warm greeting for us.
All in all - I would go back to The Buccaneer if the opportunity presented itself in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank petrie1101
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Beautiful views and very nice rooms .only a 4 because the food was not the best.restaurants was not always open .roomservice was ok. The mermaid had great shrimp quisedillas !the staff was very helpful . Eat at duggans reef and try the fritto misto. Very reasonable sally was a great waitress!

Room Tip: Rooms by the beach were great
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple