“Simply Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Christiansted
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Simply Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Just returned from an amazing week at The Buccaneer. We absolutely loved everything about our stay. The entire staff is without a doubt the most professional, sincere and friendly I have encounted. I travel a lot - up to 50% some years, and I have a new standard for attentive service.

Room Tip: Consider the Doubloons - we had the connecting suites on a lower level and it was perfect for travel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GarrettNC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
Williston, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The room was awesome, the staff was friendly and very helpful, the weather was perfect and the food was great! I wish I could remember the names of the staff that were especially helpful but when there was a malfunction with the maid-of-honor's dress they jumped in and did all they could to fix it and get the wedding party on their way. We're going back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Lake Worth, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

First time, I was there. The big "Pink" hotel we called it. Just lovely. Rest of the times it was with other people, including my hubby Steve. We all love this place. It is so special. And the view from the veranda, watching the sunset, listening to music, having a cocktail and/or dinner- cannot be believed. Really makes St. Croix "that much more special."

Room Tip: Rooms facing the water, cannot be beat!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank pennionetoo
Coplay, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just got back from the most spectacular place. The Beach House at the Buccaneer was absolutely beautiful and that doesn't do it justice. Private house with suites and bedrooms, private pool and beach, Great Room, kitchen facilities, terraces and spectacular views from everywhere. The service was incredible! Wonderful for families. We were absolutely treated like royalty from the time we got there until the day we left and we intend on going back as soon as we can. If I could give this more than a 5 rating, I would.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Diane Y
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Was excellent !!! Ahhh! Is what you will say every time you enter your room. We had oceanfront view with a private terrace!! The bathrooms are huge! Awesome Free breakfast that is fit for kings, choices are endless not your usual continental, but 10 feet of endless self serve choices . People was the nicest , I think all over the island,really, genuine friendly people, not just the ones you tip. Would be back in a heartbeat, not the crowded resort, but the away from everything kind!

Room Tip: Pricier but won't regreat the ocean front room!
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank Marisol S
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and me spent the first part of our trip at the Cottage by the Sea and second half at the Buccaneer. We were upgraded free of charge to an Ocean View room 50 feet from the beach and pool. When we arrived in our room there was a note from the manager/owner which was a nice touch. The room was clean, spacious, quiet, and had great view. The only issue we had was the shower had trouble draining at times. If you like to stay active this is the place for you. They have kayaking, snorkel gear, basketball, tennis, golf, disc golf, corn hole. The list goes on and on. Upon reading the review prior to mine I can definitely relate to the issue with the food. The breakfast buffet is good but the lunch and dinner leave a little bit to be desired. We ate at the mermaid and the service was just really bad. We were practically done with our meal and the waitress realized she forgot the garlic bread, which is extra, and then provided it at the end of the meal. We ate at the Grotto and no real complaints there other than the food was just ok. The lounge was probably one of the bigger disappointments. Food actually was not bad but the service was really the issue here. Several times we were without water which is key at a resort where you have been baking in sun all day. My wife and I got massages and since I don't get many massages I can't say they were bad would have appreciated a little more communication prior to the massage. Every massage I have gotten they usually ask, is there any particular area you would like special attention to. Now these things I mention are definitely not deal breakers by any means. Every night my wife and I slept like rocks and were very relaxed throughout our trip, which is obviously the point of a vacation. I would HIGHLY recommend staying here!!

1 Thank Paul H
Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at The Buccaneer for the second time in (5) years. The location is beautiful, the hotel is top notch, and the staff is wonderful. We had stayed there for a week in 2008 and amazingly, many of the staff we met then actually remembered us. Being greeted with a hug like a retruning family member really made us feel welcome. The hotel offered us an uograded room upon arrival and after we discussed with the front desk (pleasantly) a family next door that was noisy late into the night, we ended up in an even nicer room! This far exceeded our expectations and we are truly grateful. We will be going back again (and again, and again...). I can't say enough about this hotel and the exquisite way they treat their guests!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, we prefer an ocean view but others may prefer a view of the grounds and golf...
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansted
Tamarind Reef Resort, Spa & Marina
#2 of 15 in Christiansted
4.5 of 5 stars 1,037 reviews
Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa
Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort

Been to The Buccaneer -- St Croix? Share your experiences!