“I wish I could give 6 stars”

St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures (SCUBA), Inc.
Ranked #1 of 26 Tours in Christiansted
More attraction details
Owner description: The friendliest dive shop on earth operates two dive boats, one from Christiansted and one from Frederiksted, diving all of the moored dive sites along the island's north and west shores. As a full PADI 5 Star IDC training facility SCUBA conducts all scuba dive training from Discover Scuba Diving (intro) courses through professional level.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Silver Spring
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“I wish I could give 6 stars”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed in St. Croix for the week of Thanksgiving. After a week of diving with S.C.U.B.A. we now use this diveshop as a benchmark for all others.

All the divemasters were great. One in particular, Jon saw that my wife and I were inexperienced (this was our first non-quarry dive) and took us under his wing. The next day we started our Advanced Open Water training with jon and had a great time. We dove from Christiansted to Fredricksted on a grand tour of the Island.

We meet other divers vastly more experienced then us who travel the world and were there diving with Bluewater Adventures. They all had nothing but good things to say about this dive shop and how we were in very good hands training though this shop and our divemaster.

We have since traveled to other locations in the Florida Keys and have learned that many dive shops are nothing but a taxi service to a dive location. St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures is much more then this. Their attention to detail and the thoughtfulness of the service they provide has thus far in my experince diving has been second to none.

We have since heard that Jon and his wife (congratulations you two!) have moved back to the States. But this diveshop is the kind of place that will always have the best divemasters around. We will definitely be diving with S.C.U.B.A. next time we are in St. Croix.

Visited November 2012
stcroixscuba, Owner at St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures (SCUBA), Inc., responded to this review, March 5, 2013
An apology is in order here............to all of the dive shops for whom we've set the benchmark! 6 Stars?! Thank you so much for the accolades and for diving with us.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Excellent, friendly dive shop just off the water in Christiansted”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We researched the few dive shops on St. Croix before arriving, then visited both major shops once we arrived before booking. SCUBA was an excellent choice, very convenient in downtown Christiansted from our condo on the east end. All of the staff, from booking to the captain to our dive master, were friendly, helpful and skilled. We've had our first 2-tank dive (wall and then a reef), both of which were a bit marred by gusty winds and a churned base, but the captain and dive master still put together a good dirve trip. The shop is even trying to fix a small o-ring leak that popped up in both our regulators. We signed up for at least the 3 dive package and look forward to our future day and night dives.

Visited February 2013
Thank you for your review of us and of course for diving with us. We're sorry that Mother Nature didn't help out. January and early February can sometimes have higher than normal winds. They're called "Christmas Winds" as they start right after Christmas. One of the nice things about diving from a dive boat with an experienced crew is we're able to select the best dive sites for the conditions we're dealt. If you return around the same time next year don't forget that we also have a west end dive boat and the waters on that leeward side of the island are almost always flat calm. Thanks again for diving with us and taking the time to write the review.
Keswick, Canada
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 157 helpful votes
“Amazing time!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was in St. Croix for the day on a cruise. I have always wanted to try scuba diving and here was my chance. I was the only one booked for discover scuba diving and they still ran it. Many other operators would have cancelled. I had one and one attention for the training and for 2 dives. I always felt safe and John was very patient! Would highly recommend them!

Visited January 2013
We're delighted that you had an "excellent" time with us during your Discover Scuba Diving program. We absolutely love showing guests the wonderful underwater world that surrounds St. Croix especially when it's their first time breathing underwater. And yes, as previous reviews have stated, we will go out with only one guest. I'm not only the owner but I'm also the Marketing guy so it's my fault when we don't have more guests not yours and we would certainly never cancel on someone who had take the time to reserve a diving experience with us. Now, come on back and let's get you certified!
Indianapolis, IN
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Professional, yet fun dive shop”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Dove with SCUBA from 2/4-2/6/13. Had a great instructor in Erica for my Advanced Open Water certification dives. She was very thorough in what we'd be doing each dive and very patient if there was something I wasn't understanding. The other DM's on the boat and the boat captains were all very professional, thorough with their pre-dive and boat safety briefs, and very personable and fun to be around. Dealing with Ed via email prior to arriving in St. Croix about doing the training dives was very easy. Molly was very accomodating during my problem with my doctor's approval paperwork. Overall a great dive shop and workers! Recommend highly.

Visited February 2013
Thank you for your great review of us. As the one who helped with planning your diving and your Advanced certification it was a pleasure to work with you. Erica is a great Instructor isn't she? She, like you, completed her Advanced certification with us. Actually she first became a certified diver with us and has now gone all way to Instructor. So are you going down this path too? Will you be our next Instructor and have great people writing rave reviews of you next year? We can help make that happen for you.
Houston, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“great diving in St Croix”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Our group from Houston dove with SCUBA for 4 days in early Feb and we all had a great time! Ed and Molly run a class act. We enjoyed the dive masters - Jeff, John and Troy - and Captain Scott Cook. The shop has everything you might need that you forgot or you didn't realize you needed! The boat crew was very helpful with wrangling our equipment and helping us in and out of the water. Jeff and John were great at spotting the special critters that we might otherwise have missed. Thank you guys!

1 Thank Susan_Louise_55
stcroixscuba, Owner at St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures (SCUBA), Inc., responded to this review, February 11, 2013
We had a great time hosting and diving with your group from the Houston area. What a fun group of people. Please be sure to look for pictures of the group on the "This Week's Divers" page on our wetsite. There's some great ones of all of you on there. We hope to see you back here again next year.