“Excellent, friendly dive shop just off the water in Christiansted”

St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures (SCUBA), Inc.
Ranked #1 of 27 Tours in Christiansted
More attraction details
Owner description: The friendliest dive shop on earth operates two dive boats, one from Christiansted and one from Frederiksted, diving all of the moored dive sites along the island's north and west shores. As a full PADI 5 Star IDC training facility SCUBA conducts all scuba dive training from Discover Scuba Diving (intro) courses through professional level.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Chicago, Illinois, United States
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Excellent, friendly dive shop just off the water in Christiansted”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We researched the few dive shops on St. Croix before arriving, then visited both major shops once we arrived before booking. SCUBA was an excellent choice, very convenient in downtown Christiansted from our condo on the east end. All of the staff, from booking to the captain to our dive master, were friendly, helpful and skilled. We've had our first 2-tank dive (wall and then a reef), both of which were a bit marred by gusty winds and a churned base, but the captain and dive master still put together a good dirve trip. The shop is even trying to fix a small o-ring leak that popped up in both our regulators. We signed up for at least the 3 dive package and look forward to our future day and night dives.

Visited February 2013
stcroixscuba, Owner at St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures (SCUBA), Inc., responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for your review of us and of course for diving with us. We're sorry that Mother Nature didn't help out. January and early February can sometimes have higher than normal winds. They're called "Christmas Winds" as they start right after Christmas. One of the nice things about diving from a dive boat with an experienced crew is we're able to select the best dive sites for the conditions we're dealt. If you return around the same time next year don't forget that we also have a west end dive boat and the waters on that leeward side of the island are almost always flat calm. Thanks again for diving with us and taking the time to write the review.

Keswick, Canada
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 157 helpful votes
“Amazing time!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was in St. Croix for the day on a cruise. I have always wanted to try scuba diving and here was my chance. I was the only one booked for discover scuba diving and they still ran it. Many other operators would have cancelled. I had one and one attention for the training and for 2 dives. I always felt safe and John was very patient! Would highly recommend them!

Visited January 2013
We're delighted that you had an "excellent" time with us during your Discover Scuba Diving program. We absolutely love showing guests the wonderful underwater world that surrounds St. Croix especially when it's their first time breathing underwater. And yes, as previous reviews have stated, we will go out with only one guest. I'm not only the owner but I'm also the Marketing guy so it's my fault when we don't have more guests not yours and we would certainly never cancel on someone who had take the time to reserve a diving experience with us. Now, come on back and let's get you certified!
Indianapolis, IN
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Professional, yet fun dive shop”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Dove with SCUBA from 2/4-2/6/13. Had a great instructor in Erica for my Advanced Open Water certification dives. She was very thorough in what we'd be doing each dive and very patient if there was something I wasn't understanding. The other DM's on the boat and the boat captains were all very professional, thorough with their pre-dive and boat safety briefs, and very personable and fun to be around. Dealing with Ed via email prior to arriving in St. Croix about doing the training dives was very easy. Molly was very accomodating during my problem with my doctor's approval paperwork. Overall a great dive shop and workers! Recommend highly.

Visited February 2013
Thank you for your great review of us. As the one who helped with planning your diving and your Advanced certification it was a pleasure to work with you. Erica is a great Instructor isn't she? She, like you, completed her Advanced certification with us. Actually she first became a certified diver with us and has now gone all way to Instructor. So are you going down this path too? Will you be our next Instructor and have great people writing rave reviews of you next year? We can help make that happen for you.
Houston, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“great diving in St Croix”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Our group from Houston dove with SCUBA for 4 days in early Feb and we all had a great time! Ed and Molly run a class act. We enjoyed the dive masters - Jeff, John and Troy - and Captain Scott Cook. The shop has everything you might need that you forgot or you didn't realize you needed! The boat crew was very helpful with wrangling our equipment and helping us in and out of the water. Jeff and John were great at spotting the special critters that we might otherwise have missed. Thank you guys!

1 Thank Susan_Louise_55
stcroixscuba, Owner at St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures (SCUBA), Inc., responded to this review, February 11, 2013
We had a great time hosting and diving with your group from the Houston area. What a fun group of people. Please be sure to look for pictures of the group on the "This Week's Divers" page on our wetsite. There's some great ones of all of you on there. We hope to see you back here again next year.
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Best place to do Open Water scuba certification dives! Must-visit!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I just returned from St. Croix and I'm a proud newly certified diver! I completed the PADI eLearning and pool dives in my hometown before heading to St. Croix to complete my open water dives. Fuzzy was my instructor - - very patient and very calm, really helped me get over my nervousness (for those who have been certified a while, you might forget that it's a little scary the first few times you're in open water). We saw a few SHARKS my very first dive (Salt River) and I completed the skills with no problems. The second day out diving I was with a different instructor and a much bigger group and I struggled a bit, couldn't equalize my ears, got overly anxious in the water, etc. I just didin't feel comfortable, so, I elected to stay on the boat while my friends dove. I took a day to rest/relax before trying my final open water dives for the 2nd time and requested Fuzzy as my instructor again (Molly (owner) made it happen). We dove the west end of St. Croix (Aquarium and Swirling Reef of Death) and I completed all the skills. I love being in the water and feel like the positive experience I had with SCUBA has made me a relaxed, confident diver. If you're thinking about getting certified, do it. Thank you SCUBA, Fuzzy and crew! Now, let's go diving!

1 Thank deejayrd
Taking someone from having never breathed underwater before to being a fully certified diver is one of the most rewarding things we do. Naturally you'd be a bit nervous about it, humans weren't built for breathing underwater. Thank you for the review and for mentioning "Fuzzy". He truly loves what he does for us and he loves helping people such as you become addicts to the underwater world.