“Ed and Molly are great” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures (SCUBA), Inc.

St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures (SCUBA), Inc.
Ranked #1 of 27 Tours in Christiansted
More attraction details
Owner description: The friendliest dive shop on earth operates two dive boats, one from Christiansted and one from Frederiksted, diving all of the moored dive sites along the island's north and west shores. As a full PADI 5 Star IDC training facility SCUBA conducts all scuba dive training from Discover Scuba Diving (intro) courses through professional level.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Ed and Molly are great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

We got to know Ed and Molly through a friend and we went out with their crew and the scuba was great. The staff was excellent, the value was great and everyone had a great time. The store is also great. We bought a ton of t shirts after. You won't be sorry!

Visited December 2012
stcroixscuba, Owner at St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures (SCUBA), Inc., responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for the great review. It's pretty neat to not only have a wonderful day of diving with us but also being able to commemorate it with one of the great t-shirts from our "ScuBoutique". Thanks again for diving with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great instructors...owners not so much!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

This was my first experience at diving so I was excited to pursue my SCUBA certification after my husband's experience with them the year before. Mike was an awesome instructor. Very patient. Really helped me feel comfortable even though there were times where I just wanted to give up!

I completed the majority of the pool skill testing in the pool closest to the dive shop which was horrible (my husband did not do his pool work with them). Literally lime green in color. I couldn't even hold onto the side of the pool because of the slime!!! I refused to get back in that pool the second time around (i.e. our second trip to St. Croix ) so they took me over to the Palms resort (MUCH BETTER)! The owner also reported that they had cleaned the pool...it wasn't clean.

The pool is NEVER clean so be forewarned and just request the pool at the Palms, they will not offer this to you initially.

Lastly, the owner refused to send out a boat when she discovered that it was just my husband and I scheduled for the dive, despite the fact that my husband has done over 20 dives and all PADI cerficiations through Advanced Open Water with them all within the last two years. Initially, I understood, but now after reading review after review of people that were taken out with only one or two clients diving...not so much. There are some other details I have chosen to leave out regarding our exchange with the owner, but basically it's clear that she has little respect for repeat customers.

We travel to St. Croix for the diving frequently and unfortunately, due to the lack of customer service we will not be using or recommending this dive shop in the future.

I will say that the experience ON the boat was excellent. The crew and instructors were very professional.

Visited January 2013
stcroixscuba, Owner at St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures (SCUBA), Inc., responded to this review, January 31, 2013
What we seem to have here is a failure to communicate. Fortunately, we keep meticulous training records so looking back over those records we could easily figure out what happened.

There are four required training sessions in an Openwater certification class. Two are done in confined water (swimming pool) and two in the open ocean diving off of our dive boat.

During the second confined water training session the student refused to do a "no mask swim" which is a skill required by PADI. The PADI standards don't allow us to complete the final openwater dive unless ALL of the skills have been successfully completed in the pool training.

Our Instructor (whom she praised in her review) explained to her that if she wanted to dive from the boat that afternoon we would only be able to count ONE of the training dives because of her not completing the required training. This would necessitate her completing another dive the next day which would incur an additional fee. She did not want to do that. We would have, of course, been happy to run a boat for her on both days as it would have been added income for us. There was no reason to not do it. As it was our Instructor spent an additional day of training with her at no additional expense.

As for the condition of the pool that we were using at the time, we are not disputing the state of the pool in September during the first training session and apologize for it. At that time we (SCUBA) had no control over the state of the pool. Since that time the pool has been completely resealed and the filter system replaced. We also now help with the cleaning and upkeep of the pool. She never saw the pool on either January 17 or 18 as we did use the Palms pool at her insistence so stating that the pool is NEVER clean is simply not correct as she only saw it once. It's in excellent shape now.

We have emailed this customer reviewing these facts and also asking that she tell us whatever "other details" she referred to but have not received a reply. I am sure that had she expressed any concerns at the time they would have immediately been addressed.
Melbourne, Florida
“Great Crew!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

What a great trip! We spent Thnksgiving week in St Croix and dove 5 days with "Scuba". All I can say is awesome! They are the best. Dove 3 days out west on our own "private" boat. We where the only two divers but they did not hesitate to take us out. A lot of shops would have canceled the trips. Just gotta say dont miss the pier. The other two days we dove the north side (were the shop is). Both boats where well maintained and Captain and crew are very profesional. Dives are run with small groups led by dive masters, everyone we had was awesome. Also did a night dive at the pier with them, did I say awesome? Guides are very knowledgable about local life and have great eyes for finding things. Saw a sea turtle sleeping in a barrel sponge lol. Dont forget to stop by the shop in town and say hello to the owners. They helped me out when I had a fin blow out on me and upport the warranty on the fin.

Thanks "SCUBA" for an awesome week and hope to return to St. Croix and dive with you again

Tom And Cheryl

Visited November 2012
Tom and Cheryl thank you for the great review, we had a blast diving with you too. Isn't the Pier great? Especially at night. We think it's one of the top ten dives on the planet and we're delighted that you were able to experience it. And if you think the boats were in good shape when you were here you should see how beautiful Reliance is now that her paint job has been completed.......well I guess you'll just have to come back and see for yourself and we look forward to seeing you both when you do. Thanks again for diving with us.
St.Croix and Floridaz
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“I don't dive, but I love SCUBA for shopping”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Yes, that's right I am not a diver. But, I never miss stopping by the shop in Christiansted or Scubatique in Frederiksted for some shopping. They have the best and most creative t's, gorgeous ladies wear (great job Molly) and I usually find something for the hubby too. Was thrilled to see they carry Tommy Bahama now too.
I've referred diver friends to SCUBA and all of them have been totally pleased.
Thanks Ed and Molly!

Visited December 2012
stcroixscuba, Owner at St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures (SCUBA), Inc., responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Vicki, (I'm assuming since your name is in your screen name here it's OK to use it) we always love to see you in the shop. Folks Vicki has been shopping with us during every trip she's made to St. Croix since we opened over 15 years ago. The number of her friends that she brings in to shop with us is a testament of how much she loves our ScuBoutique. We hope to see you again soon.
Billings, Montana
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Two Tank Dive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I got to dive with Shawn on their boat captained by Scott this past December 2012. It was just the three of us and we had a blast. The weather was too rough for wreck diving and we dove Zihuatanejo and The Swirling Reef of Death. It was a great time. If you want personalized service and a personally guided trip, just call SCUBA and book it. I saw 15 people from our cruise going out with another operator all at once and I was really glad I had booked with SCUBA! Thanks guys

1 Thank Tony G
Thank you for the great review and especially for going diving with us during your cruise ship stopover on St. Croix. Smart divers like you have discovered that they'll save money and get a much better dive trip in when booking independently of the ship, especially when you wind up being the only two on the boat. You seemed surprised that would still go out for just two but we decided long ago that it wasn't a guest's fault if we didn't have any other divers so we'll take them diving regardless. It's actually the fault of our marketing guy and that's me but sometimes I'd rather go diving than doing marketing....