“Wonderful half-day sailing experience”
Review of Bilinda Charters

Bilinda Charters
Ranked #3 of 27 Tours in Christiansted
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Sailing Adventures for up to six passengers! Prepare yourself for an exhilarating day on the Caribbean Sea in the East End Marine Park Sanctuary. Our 36 ft. Sailing sloop has a large shaded cockpit, a clean marine bathroom, and a well-outfitted galley. There's also a custom-built swim platform with a deep ladder so that you can easily get in and out of the water. Sail as much or as little as you like, and even take the helm yourself or just relax and unwind. We'll swim with sting rays and snorkel the barrier reef where we'll guide you to the very best coral reef habitats. This sailing excursion is perfect for couples, families, a group of friends, or small company outings. You'll love the experience of chartering a sailboat and it will undoubtedly be the best part of your vacation on St. Croix! Book us for special occasions!!
Londonderry, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful half-day sailing experience”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My family of four chartered Zulu with Captain Dee for a half-day sail. Captain Dee went out of her way to make sure we were comfortable on the boat and explained all of the details of our sail. (She knew we were a little nervous) On the way out, Captain Dee explained what we were seeing and gave us a history of St. Croix. She took us around a small island where we spotted a lot of iguanas and birds. We snorkeled off Green Cay and her first mate John was wonderful, he identified all of the ocean life that we saw. He also made sure that we were safe in the water and not too tired to make another "lap". After we got back on the boat, Captain Dee made us a wonderful snack and we enjoyed a very peaceful sail back. It was a wonderful relaxing way to start off our vacation and I would definitely sail with Captain Dee on the Zulu again.

2 Thank Kristie N
Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Thank you for such a great review. It was a bit windy the day your came sailing with us. It was
a bit windy but you all passed the ZULU Challenge:) it was great meeting you all . I appreciated the
fact that you fell asleep coming back down wind:) that is one of my favorite things to do(unless I am
Steering:) I really like to see our guests relax and unwind... That's part of spending time on the water! just taking in the whole experience and enjoying... Thanks again.. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

Montpelier, Vermont
“Great Sunset Sail”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

The Sunset Sail is a great way to unwind at the end of the day. Captain Dee prepared a gourmet snack, and made me feel like an old friend. There is nothing better than having a captain who is knowledgeable about sailing, and about St. Croix. Renting the boat and having it to yourself is such a plus. I would recommend it to anyone--you'll have a blast!

Visited November 2013
Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Thanks "Brady Bunch" for taking the whole family out sailing with us. The boys really should get some lessons as they really enjoyed steering. Hope that you are safe and sound in Vermont.
It was great sailing with you and come back down when it gets a bit too nippy up there!!
We are preparing for a huge sailing month in March!! All systems go:)
South Haven, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful Day Sailing”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My wife and I chartered Zulu, Captain Dee's boat, for the afternoon because I needed to sail. I have been sailing for over 30 years and winters drag endlessly without just a bit of sailing. Cap'n Dee has a great boat in good repair, is a knowledgeable sailor and gave us just a perfect day. She let me steer almost the whole trip but she guided us through a tricky harbor and to great snorkeling. She impressed me with her ability to put a third reef in her main so that she's not over powered in a blow. Her mate Cole, was a delightful young man with good sailing sense and a real desire to show his passengers a great time. I would recommend Dee and her boat Zulu to anyone who sails, its that weatherly boat that makes you feel comfortable the minute you step onboard and Dee and Cole, after a few minutes, feel like mates you've sailed with countless times.

1 Thank Bob T
Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you so much for sailing with us. I thoroughly enjoyed our day on the water. That third reef in the main powered us through the day and kept things dry and comfortable in the cockpit.
Thank you for trading hats with me. I will wear the SAIL hat and keep it aboard for when I need it!
I hope you enjoy your ZULU hat. We are finally into a fair weather pattern this week. March is ramping up to be a great month for our little business . We really appreciate your comments as it
makes us want to work harder to stay # 1
We hope to see you again and sail with you next time you visit. Have a wonderful year traveling and enjoying life!
WNY
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“What a great day!!”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Our group of two couples did a full day charter with captain Dee on the ZULU. We sailed out of Christiansted harbor on her beautiful sailboat as she told us about the history of the city and harbor.
We had a great day, she was skillful with her boat, she was attentive to our needs and where we wanted to go and see. We snorkeled off green cay and saw gorgeous coral, colorful fish and even a stingray in the sand. Great snacks on the boat, and the lunch was out this world, fresh tuna and salad from her garden, wow!! tasted great. Highly recommend her full tour, fun fun fun.

1 Thank mchenryk
Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Getting ready for trips this week and excited to sail after a great weekend at the Agriculture Fair!
We are in full swing for the winter season and the weather has been wonderful.
Thanks for your great review. Hope you made it back to Buffalo.. You have all had a tough winter
but I am busy growing greens, papaya, figs and passion fruit for our boat trips:)
Life is better on St. Croix in the winter. Come back again and we will do it all over again!
See you next time!
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best sail ever”
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

We have gone sailing many times and this is the 2nd time with Cpt Dee of Billinda Charters. Ask her why she is Capt dee who owns Billinda charters! She is great because of her knowledge of sailing, ability to gear the sailing trip to people's comfort level, and knowledge of great places to snorkel. She has wonderful stories and is interested in her passenger's stories. In addition, she has great food to eat. You cannot do better than go with Capt dee.

1 Thank Jejohns
Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Our goal is to provide a unique tradition sailing experience for our guests aboard ZULU. All of our trips are booked one party at a time. This gives each party more flexibility in our itinerary. I enjoy our guests stories as much as they enjoy ours. It was our pleasure to get you out and do some coastwise sailing! Nothing prettier than St. Croix from the water. Our coastline is majestic both lush and rocky!
Come back ... Make sailing aboard ZULU your tradition!
Thanks for such a lovely review:)