“So much fun and great interactive experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bilinda Charters

Bilinda Charters
Ranked #3 of 27 Tours in Christiansted
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Sailing Adventures for up to six passengers! Prepare yourself for an exhilarating day on the Caribbean Sea in the East End Marine Park Sanctuary. Our 36 ft. Sailing sloop has a large shaded cockpit, a clean marine bathroom, and a well-outfitted galley. There's also a custom-built swim platform with a deep ladder so that you can easily get in and out of the water. Sail as much or as little as you like, and even take the helm yourself or just relax and unwind. We'll swim with sting rays and snorkel the barrier reef where we'll guide you to the very best coral reef habitats. This sailing excursion is perfect for couples, families, a group of friends, or small company outings. You'll love the experience of chartering a sailboat and it will undoubtedly be the best part of your vacation on St. Croix! Book us for special occasions!!
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“So much fun and great interactive experience”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My daughter (13), nephew (11) and I had a fabulous sailing trip aboard the beautiful Zulu during our vacation on St. Croix. Captian Dee and her first mate Jason took us out on a 4 hour trip to a secluted reef for great snorkling. One the spirited sail out, the kids helped to hoist sails and steer the boat, and learned a lot about the boat and the St Croix environment. Once we anchored on the "purple finger" reef, Jason fitted us with well maintained snorkling equipment and then led us on our journey to see sting rays, lobsters, coral and beautiful fish. My nephew decided to stay on board Zulu, where he had a nice talk with Captain Dee and learned more about th boat. Once we were done with snorkling, we were provided some welcomed snacks and drinks and then enjoyed a relaxing down-wind sail back to the marina. The expert sailer Captain Dee brought Zulu safely into the slip without having to turn on the inboard motor. So far this has been been the highlight of our vacation - thanks again Captain Dee and Jason!

Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
I want to thank you for coming sailing with us this week. The weather has been picture perfect for the last two weeks. I really enjoyed your daughter and nephew ,they were very enthusiastic and appreciative of the whole experience.
I am happy you took my recommendation regarding the eco-kayak trip..you can't go wrong with all the great hikes and tours offered on St. Croix.
Hopefully we will see you next year..

Huntersville, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spectacular way to spend the day!!”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Sailing with Dee and Ty was such an amazing experience. My husband and I decided to do something unique and different for my birthday (as if coming to St. Croix wasn't enough), so we wanted to try our hand at sailing. We had such a wonderful time learning how to sail, seeing the sights of Buck Island, watching the kite boarders, snorkeling with Ty and telling stories with Dee. We have done several large group trips on catamarans and wanted a more personal experience, one where didn't feel like cattle being herded from point A to B and this was nothing but the opposite. I got to try my hand at sailing and learned some lingo in the process which was so much fun! Ty was a great snorkel guide and showed us many things that we would have missed had we been alone. The snacks on the boat were great! Dee's chicken salad is amazing and taste even better with a Presidente after snorkeling! They even sang Happy Birthday and gave me a candle to blow out. We did the afternoon sail and caught the sunset at the end and it was breath taking.
This was truly one of the highlights of our trip and money well spent. Such a fun way to spend an afternoon, experienced sailors or not.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Kali D
Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
OMG Thank you so much for all the pictures. The one of Ty looking like a male model was particularly good! I really hope you could post a few for people to see on this page. They are some of the coolest shots I have seen for some time. Yes...your little bday celebrations will be one to remember. Thanks for coming out with us. Ty is doing hikes and kayak adventures. He really fun to work with and I hope his business takes off. He deserves it..
Come back and hang with us again..
South Dakota
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“What a great sail”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

What a wonderful relaxing day we had on our full day sail with Dee and her first-mate Ryan. Dee was very informative on how to sail and on details about St Croix. They were both great with showing us how to snorkel and on telling us about the marine life. We look forward to sailing with Dee again on our next visit to St Croix.
Rhonda and Jason

Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
You guys were lucky you had 2 captains on board on your day. I really enjoyed letting Ryan sail the boat. He was really good!
Thanks so much for the review. I have been looking at the weather in your neck of the woods and it appears a bit nippy:) Come back..we will be waiting at the dock for you.
long island ny
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great way to start a vacation!”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

With Dee as our captain, we started our vacation with a day of sailing in St. Croix. It was a great experience for us. Since this was my first sailing adventure, I was a little reluctant about becoming sea sick and not knowing how to snorkel but that immediately faded...Dee' s experience and warmth quickly took over. With Mike as her mate, we enjoyed a wonderful day. The island is beautiful and this is a great way to see it. Bilinda charters is the best kept secret..If you are looking for a great day away from the masses, this is for you..

Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thank you so much for the review. I really like it when folks like you that are reluctant about snorkeing end up having a great experience. After all isn't that what trying new things is all about! We are so grateful that you came out with us and pushed yourselves to experience the lovely waters and reefs we are known for on St. Croix. If you ever want to stay down here for a week there are wonderful and reasonable villas and bed and breakfasts to stay.
Keep the wind at your back!
North Dartmouth, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Just Do It!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Our sail with Captain Dee and first mate Cole on Bilinda Charters was absolutely our favorite activity on St. Croix. My boyfriend Tom and I went out on a private 1/2 day sail in the afternoon, and it was wonderful. My boyfriend is an experienced sailor, and he was able to sail the Zulu with Dee's direction and assistance. He loved it!! We sailed, snorkeled, enjoyed delicious snacks and beverages, and viewed the sunset on the way back to the marina. Captain Dee and Cole were wonderful hosts, and we really enjoyed spending time with them in the beautiful waters of St. Croix. We can't wait to return to St. Croix and go sailing again. It was absolutely worth every cent. Just go - you will have so much fun!

Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, February 18, 2012
M and T

Thanks for the write up and review...Our sail was particularly good as the Caribbean winds were right in the pocket blowing 12-15 knots (give or take a few:) We had a blast with you and Tom...REAL sailors from Buzzards Bay! It's always so much fun to share the boat with folks that are boat owners themselves...we know the amount of time we spend at the dock making sure everything works when we get out on the water. Please come back to St. Croix and sail with us again!