“Best authentic Greek food on island”
Review of Pickled Greek - CLOSED

Pickled Greek
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We have had dinner here several times and always enjoyed the food. The atmosphere is laid-back island style with mix and match utensils but the food is the reason we keep returning. The owner, Peter, is Greek and has created his dishes "the way my mother made them." Often people will break out in song and sometimes Peter will be seen dancing around the floor. OPA!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

My husband and I ate here during our stay in St. Croix and the food was good and not too expensive. We enjoyed the greek sampler appetizer and fresh mango rum cocktails.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Hadn't been to The Pickled Greek in a while and it is my loss. Food and dessert ere fabulous in a wonderfully relaxed setting.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

There was nothing we liked about this restaurant. Inside it's tacky and unattractive. We were told by the waitress that we shouldn't sit outside because of the bugs. There's a lot of road noise outside so that wouldn't have been a good option anyway. We ordered dolmas to start. They were tough and stringy and dry. I suspect they were made a week earlier and reheated in a microwave. Even so, I've done that myself with homemade dolmas and they never tasted as bad as the ones here. My husband ordered the souvlaki trio. All the meats were tough. I ordered the roast chicken. Also tough and tasteless. Again, I suspect they cook in advance and use a microwave for reheating. We each ordered a glass of wine, and it couldn't have been 4 oz. The smallest glass of wine I've ever been served. Don't go to this place!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Surprisingly I will qualify this as the best Greek food I ever had. The outdoor seating is nice, with little torches around and lighting it can be classified as romantic place too. Do try their Chick-Pea Fries, they are extremely tasty and I think they are a made-up creation of the chef there so won't be available anywhere else.

1  Thank luv4nature