“Great food and service; not touristy”
Review of Pickled Greek - CLOSED

Pickled Greek
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

We wanted to find a nice local eatery with great food at a reasonable price. The Pickled Greek was exactly that. We highly recommend!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We enjoyed our visit so much we returned twice during our week stay early December in St. Croix. Casual restaurant with great service and delicious and unusual food. My husband had a passion fruit daiquiri from plant growing by the patio that was yummy. I loved the Tzatziki and the baklava home made ice cream is incredible! Definitely will return next visit to St. Croix.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

As good as described in the reviews, the food at Pickled Greek is nothing less than fabulous. A casual, local-hang-out, atmosphere, and outdoor seating complement the flavorful home-style food perfectly. Saturday is Gyro night, and the $5 Gyro was without question the best I have ever tasted. The lamb was remarkably lean and tender, and as tasty as lamb gets. Our only regret was that we only managed to stop by for dinner twice during our visit to St. Croix. If you are in St. Croix, don’t miss the Pickled Greek. And leave room for their homemade ice cream; the baklava ice cream is unique and delicious!

1  Thank J B
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We've been going to the Pickled Greek since shortly after it opened. We love the place, the food, and Peter (aka Papi) who is the owner. He's just such a nice guy. You can tell that he really cares and he wants you to enjoy your experience there. We always get the saganaki, which is excellent. He often has a Greek-style mahi special on the menu. That's always good. The calamari is pretty good. We often get the Greek cabbage rolls and they're good too. Last time we got the tzatziki for the first time. I have to admit, that was just ok. The home-made ice cream is great. My two favorites are the lemon-walnut and the triple chocolate. And, Peter finishes out our evening by leaving a bottle of ouzo on the table and a couple of shot glasses. We will continue to return to the Pickled Greek at least twice a visit as long as we go to STX.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

My wife and I went to dinner here last night. Not terribly busy so we had our choice of seating. We're waited on by the owner, Peter. He is very entertaining and funny. Enthusiastic about the fiord, the restaurant, his customers and the island. We split an excellent, real Greek salad ( no lettuce). I had the very tasty non-vegetarian moussaka while my wife had the wahoo fish special. We shared and loved both dishes. Finished with some Ouzo and dessert. Had lots of good conversation with Peter and just a generally good time. We would highly recommend the Pickled Greek to anyone visiting the island. Good food, good service & good people! What more can you ask for?