“Backlava ice cream - yum!”
Review of Pickled Greek - CLOSED

Pickled Greek
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Prior to our recent trip to St Croix, a query on TA about cheap eats, elicited advice that we should stop by Pickled Greek for ice cream. On our way back from shopping and lunch in downtown Christiansted we stopped in at the Pickled Greek for some ice cream. The ice cream that day was Backlava. Being lactose intolerant I was wary but found it had good flavor and gave me no stomach problems. Two thumbs up! Wish I took pictures of the tasty confection, but I was too busy eating!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The food was amazing. It was perfect. I'm vegetarian, and I got a wonderful dish (can't remember what it was), but I had read reviews of the baklava ice cream, and I have to say that I started off with dessert and worked my way back. (I'm old enough to do that now.) I would fly all the way back to St. Croix only for the ice cream.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I took my 2 grand daughters to this restaurant while we were in St. Croix and got more than I bargained for. We sat outside on the comfortable patio. Not only was the food excellent and the service efficient and friendly, but the owner invited us back the next morning to see when he feeds the iguanas that are outside the restaurant. The girls loved it.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Greek food on St. Croix...really? We've traveled to Greece a half dozen times; so we had to check it out - at least to give it a taste test (heh, heh). Peter is awesome! We ordered some things to go because the restaurant wasn't quite open yet. What a surprise to have such top-shelf fare? Try the garbanzo fries...MMMMMM.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Followed Tripadvisor and a group of four drove on a dark and stormy night to The Pickled Greek. The owner, Peter, was convivial and engaging. We had a vegan in our group who was thrilled to have options and enjoyed the Yia Yia Stew. We shared saganaki & chickpea fries and all had greek salads. Tasty dishes included Moussaka, Gyro, and Souvlaki. The kicker was a house speciality of BAKLAVA ICE CREAM. It was truly divine and we all agreed that we would be craving it again soon.

1  Thank dmmlal