“Go Greek in St Croix, you'll believe you are in the Mediterranean” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pickled Greek

Pickled Greek
Ranked #15 of 104 Restaurants in Christiansted
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta, GA
“Go Greek in St Croix, you'll believe you are in the Mediterranean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Followed Tripadvisor and a group of four drove on a dark and stormy night to The Pickled Greek. The owner, Peter, was convivial and engaging. We had a vegan in our group who was thrilled to have options and enjoyed the Yia Yia Stew. We shared saganaki & chickpea fries and all had greek salads. Tasty dishes included Moussaka, Gyro, and Souvlaki. The kicker was a house speciality of BAKLAVA ICE CREAM. It was truly divine and we all agreed that we would be craving it again soon.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dmmlal

tennessee
“Saturday night Gyro special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Six of us went to the restaurant on Saturday night May 25th. We did not know until we arrived that Saturday's are $5 Gyro special night - but all locals seemed to know and go weekly for this deal. We ordered an appetizer and 4 people did get the $5 special. To add french fries or coleslaw is another $3 or to add a side of a salad is another $5.50. We ordered the baklava ice cream which was honestly just to die for! I wish I could have brought a gallon home to have for later. The guys each got an Uzo (spelling?) drink.
For it to be a $5 special night for two of us our bill with tip was $80.... The other four had a bill of $120....

the service was slow - every question we asked the waitress was unsure and had to ask the kitchen staff or the manager. We had to ask for the check twice and once we received it she never came back to take the cash and credit card - we had to take it to the register and track her down.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Grove City, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stopped here for lunch and it was a great find! We are from PA and have the opportunity to have some Greek food at home but this was excellent I have to recommend the spanakopita out of this world. The gyros are huge and you have to try the original chickpea fries. We had a great visit with the owner Peter! He makes his own ice cream and we had fresh mango juice wih rum !!! Ahhhh. Opa!!! Peter we will be back our next trip!

Visited May 2013
Norfolk, CT
“We go to come back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

As soon as I got off the plane and loaded up my rental car I headed for The Pickled Greek. It's my home in St. Croix. "The Greek" has everything. It's the place where I love to just drop in, it's the place where I love to take my guests, it's the place I go when I have undeniable cravings for chick pea fries or falafel - which are THE best - by the way. I am a vegetarian and find many choices on the menu, most recently a broccoli special. They also serve the best ice cream on the island. Just try to imagine honey, lemon, walnut ice cream, or baklava. That Greek guy named Peter - with the cute mustache - does a lot for the place too. He used to dance barefoot in the restaurant, now he just charms everyone with his overwhelming Greek hospitality and warmth.

• Visited April 2013
Dalton, Georgia, United States
“Expensive, but worth it — Fresh Greek food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Pulled up after an outing to Issac's Bay. The long walk and sun had exhausted us, but Peter welcomed us in and got us a table. They might have been closed at the time. I'm not sure. The doors were locked, but he didn't turn us away.

The food itself was fantastic. I had the leg of lamb — at $29 it was pricey, but very good. My wife had a traditional gyro, which was $12. We both thought it was some of the best Greek food we'd ever had. The homemade ice cream was amazing. You can tell the owner really loves family food. He was a very hospitable guy and we enjoyed talking with him as we waited for our food (we didn't have to wait long).

The chickpea fries were also something you've got to try if you ever go. They are so good and I still have cravings for them.

The location is a bit out of the way for anyone in Christiansted and especially Frederiksted — but it seemed like a nicer area with not a lot around.

Probably one of the best places we've eaten since arriving.

• Visited May 2013