“Favorite Restaurant on the Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pickled Greek - CLOSED

Pickled Greek
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
“Favorite Restaurant on the Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

A coworker took me to the pickled greek and I was hooked. The food is excellent, the service is great and the price was very reasonable. I was on the island for about two weeks and after my first visit to the restaurant, I would call ahead and order for pick up. Peter would have my food ready for me when I got there and always with a smile on face and welcoming me by name. If you get the chance to go, you must try everything, but his fries and ice cream are better than anything I have had state side.

• Visited December 2012

stcroix20
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wow $5.50 to split a sanwich!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

The Greek is a mainstay in St. Croix and would always get a 5 but on our last visit we were charged $5.50 to split our sandwich. That's crazy.

Visited December 2012
pickledgreek, Owner at Pickled Greek, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
I'm sorry there must be a mistate. I do not charge to spilt any dish. Perhaps you sudstituted a greek salad? there is a charge to get a greek salad rather than the french fries or greek slaw which comes with the gyro. I wish you would have said something while here and I or myt staff would have explained the charge. Sorry again for the misunderstanding. Papi
St. Croix
“The Pickled Traveling Jersians - Greek for home cooked meal, fresh ingredients and one of a kind service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

My family and I visited the Pickled Greek with my young son and had an excellent meal. We got there early and were greeted with smiles, a cold beverage and very attentive service. There is a full menu with many choices and lots of specials. My son...believe it or not...at a whole hummus platter (he likes to call it Thomas), which entitled him to some baklava ice cream which he found glorious. I had an hummus encrusted mahi mahi dish with some feta cheese risotto, spinach and olives that was really sumptuous. Finally, my husband had half a slow roasted Greek chicken which was moist and tasty. I really like the island style (relaxed), but enjoy being waited on in a timely fashion. The atmosphere is casual and you can sit either in doors or outside.

Mohnton, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“40th anniversary.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Nick the owner was our gracious host.Food was amazing. The price was very good.Lovely place. Make sure you try his home made ice cream" omg"

Escanaba, Michigan
“traveling about town”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Interesting flavors of ice cream including Baklava. A bit overpriced! Friendly staff. Easy to find. Just outside of Christiansted!