“Feel welcome, be yourself, and enjoy the great food and drink.”

Twin City Coffee House
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed August 12, 2010

This is the message I have received any time I've been to Twin City, and I've been going ever since the coffeehouse opened at its first location in Time Square. Are they busy? You bet. Sometimes so busy that every table in the cozy venue is filled, and the people are lined up to the door, and the phone is ringing with take-out orders. That tell you anything about whether it's a good place to go? With that in mind, the service is phenomenal.

Some of my favorites are the specialty omelettes, the caramelitas, and the curry chicken wraps. Check it out and find a favorite for yourself. But besides the food, the owner and her helpers make the place a comfortable, fun place to be.

Reviewed August 10, 2010

I have been a frequent customer here (on average 4 times a week), and with each visit I keep hoping it'll get better. I *want* to love this place. I want to *like* this place, but they just make it so difficult.

For starters, the coffee is okay- but only if you've been on the island long enough to miss "real" coffee. By stateside standars, it is sub-par. However, it is probably the best coffee available on that side of the island.

The food is okay- but outrageoulsy overpriced for what you get. This is to be expected on the island, but it seems even more egregious here.

The service. ugh. To quote Stephanie Tanner: "How Rude." I have been in this shop countless times, yet I can count on one hand how many times the staff has smiled at me, and I can count on one finger how many times the staff has actually greeted me when I came into the shop. They act as though preparing morning coffee is the worst chore in the world. Never have I felt that my patronage was appreciated. Never I have I felt that I was something other than a pain for them. Never will I buy coffee there again.

If you're a wealthy local who buys $5 lattes twice a day, you may have more luck getting a warmer attitude from them. But if you stop in for your daily caffeine fix and walk out of there spending less than that, be prepared to feel as though you're supporting an unfriendly business. I've taken my business to Schooner Bay Market, where at least I get a friendly greeting along with my coffee.

Reviewed July 3, 2010

The coffe is he best on the island. The store is a little crowded in the morning, but well worth the wait !

Reviewed May 27, 2010

Great morning stop downtown with good java and fresh fruit w yogurt was refreshing.

Reviewed March 6, 2010

We had a great breakfast and great conversation with the owner, Theresa. A cozy and comfortable place with great food and great service. Check this place out!