“Fresh Food”

LALITA Juice Bar & Health Food Restaurant
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Lalita's, in the kalima Center, with its freshly painted walls and comfortable seating, is a terrific place to get a tasty iced tea, a healthy,flavorful smoothie, and delicious and oh, so fresh sandwich or salad. The muffins are good and the desserts, divine! As it is located next to Renuatumn Spa & Wellness Center, it makes for a healthy treat following a Spa service!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

The fruit smoothies were delicious and they used fresh fruit! No frozen. Priced well, friendly servers and nice courtyard atmosphere

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Food is freshly prepared everytime and always very good. Great place to go when traveling with the health-conscious or vegan. Courtyard is very pleasant. Though be prepared that service is generally very slow (freshly prepared healthy food isn't fast).

Reviewed November 16, 2012

This really is a hidden gem. The place is casual and friendly. As I was the only one in there when I ordered I can not comment on the service as they were very attentive to me but also I noticed here in St. Croix service is friendly but a bit slow ... So when on vacation here just sit back and relax and take your time as that is how it is. When you do that "it's all good".

Now as far as the food goes. I really was so surprised. I ordered the Avocado Noti Roll. The presentation was beautiful and the flavors really melded together very well. From pickled ginger slivers to the spicy sauce used in the roll and how it mixed so well with the soy sauce it was flavor harmony. Then I ordered the Zucchini Fettuccine which was served with a pesto sauce and crushed nuts on top of a bed of lettuce. Wow is all I say. Again the textures and the flavor was divine and it was so much food that I had to take the leftovers home and had to order desert to go.

I know someone stated the portions were small but unless you are use to eating huge portions a la Olive Garden/Outback and finishing every bite then yeah maybe they may be considered below average. But the portions are more than generous for a regular appetite. And yes everything is server cold or at slightly below room temperature but I don't see that as an issue and it is a bit obvious from the name and its location. Everything here is about the best, most fresh that the earth has to offer and playing with spices and flavors to give the diner the best experience and I believe they hit it spot on. Wish I found this Gem much earlier instead of at the end of my trip.

Also the place it self was exceptionally clean from the dining area, to the open food and drink prep area and even down to the restroom. One of cleanest places I have been in St. Croix. Which I have not found many at all.

Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

So, the smoothies are way overpriced and not all that inventive, but on a hot hot August day, with a vegan and 2 vegetarians in tow, this place is an oasis.