“Hidden gem”

LALITA Juice Bar & Health Food Restaurant
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is a beautiful little restaurant. If you are into juicing or are interested in it, I would highly recommend stopping by and giving it a try. They make your order right in front of you and you can take the freshness in all of the food. The courtyard and restaurant atmosphere is both relaxing and a great little escape from the streets of Christiansted.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Cool place. Kinda hippy but not at all preachy. Very friendly staff. Eclectic menu. Inside and outside seating areas.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We wandered into this place off one of the main streets of Christiansted--King Street, which is the one way street going into town. It was hot and we were thirsty, so we were pleased to find a huge selection of healthy smoothies, none of which you would ever find on a Tropical Smoothie menu. They weren't cheap--$10.00 a throw for the specialty ones (ouch!), but the ingredients were pure and unique--I think I had some fresh ginger combined with pineapple in mine, my wife had one with raw cocoa in hers. Great for us, and the kids gradually took larger and larger sips of our drinks (I wasn't going to burn $40.00 for 4 different smoothies). Quite an extensive menu of healthy options, but we didn't have the energy to convince the kids there was something they would like there. The atmosphere features big couches to sit upon, in an airy courtyard, and the whole place has that whole hippie vibe (yoga classes, girls night out with aphrodisiac foods), but not so much that you feel uncomfortable, and the people were very friendly, but not like Moonies or anything. Just a very laid back and comfortable place to kill some time and have a special smoothie. It seemed like a place where the locals hang out, as well.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We are mostly vegetarian in our family, so we were pleasantly surprised to find this place on such a small island! The food was wonderful, and the variety was enough to please even the meat-eaters. They have a great selection of juices, though they're a little pricey. My son did not want to go, but after eating here, he wanted to come back the next day!
Also, the open air atmosphere is bright and lovely. There is a courtyard with banana trees. My husband went back the next day for a yoga class upstairs.
Note - they do close early in the summer (6pm).

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I live here and love eating their vegan options at least once a week. The people that work there are super nice too.