“It is what it is...boardwalk tourist stop...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Angry Nate's

Angry Nate's
Ranked #12 of 104 Restaurants in Christiansted
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“It is what it is...boardwalk tourist stop...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2010

It is what it is...boardwalk tourist stop with okay food, okay service and okay drinks. It is right on the waterfront were the action is.

Boston
“Bad Service and Bad Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2010

We went to Angry Nates because it was a new restaurant since we were last in St Croix a few years ago. There were two of us and we each had the Caesar Salad which was ok, but half way through our salad, our main courses came and the server just dumped them on the table. So much for island time! I thought about telling her to take them back because we were not finished with our salads, but no doubt they would have just sat in the kitchen, then reappeared later. I ordered the 1/2 chicken with their special jerk seasoning which the waitress told me was one of their best dishes. The chicken arrived with really soggy skin which to me is just gross. If you are going to have roast chicken with skin on it, it should be crispy, not soggy. So, after the removal of the skin and with it all the seasoning, it tasted like boiled chicken. The mashed potatoes were ok, but if a restaurant can't cook mashed potatoes, they should not be in business. My sister had the steak which she said was ok.

I admit, I am a bit of a food snob, but I would rather pay $10 more and eat at one of St Croix's exceptional restaurants (of which there are many) and had a really good meal, but Angry Nate's is not one of them.

One thing I can say for them is that they are in a good location, but I would not go back, nor do I recommend it to anyone.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Suwanee, Georgia
“Dockside dining and mojitos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2010

Tuesday - 4/27 - We stopped in for a later lunch around 1:30 on our first day on the Christiansted side of the island.

Not busy, hot day, so we chose a table at the window near a ceiling fan. The decor is what you would expect, fish on the wall, open air shutters with great views of the harbor, the seaplanes coming and going, and fishing boats right outside at the dock.

We were greeted promptly and politely and were informed that mojitos were available today. Having had everything but a mojito we ordered up two right away! They arrived a few minutes later, laden with fresh mint, and yes, quite enjoyable! Nice and light for a hot afternoon.

Perusing the menu, I decided on the Angry Nate's Fish and Chips which consisted of two nice sized crisply battered mahi pieces with fries, a side of slaw, and the sauces and malt vinegar of course. The fish was done perfectly, and was hot enough temperature wise to cook something else on..... Also, and one of my credos, is that you can judge a place by the quality of their cole slaw. (Especially seafood / fish joints ). I knew right away the food here would be good after one taste.

My wife ordered the Telly Savalas Friendly Brisket sandwich (or named similar!) It came with au jus and cheese and looked out of this world. She assured me it was.

There is also a small bar that looked to attract a pretty good crowd.

After enjoying a relaxing meal, we thanked our waitress and took walk down the harbor dock walk right outside the door.

Nice experience, nice place.

PA
“Good food, great service, outstanding view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2010

3 out of 4 had the catch of the day special which was very good. Other had pasta dish which was also very good. Ate outside on the boardwalk and view excellent. Service also excellent, drinks very good and price moderate. Would recommend.

New York City, New York
“Great lunch...view of seaplanes and deepsea fishing boats catch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2010

Nice bar/restaurant on the boardwalk...easy going...good menu and service...recommend it.