“Great lunch...view of seaplanes and deepsea fishing boats catch”
Review of Angry Nate's

Angry Nate's
Ranked #12 of 104 Restaurants in Christiansted
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“Great lunch...view of seaplanes and deepsea fishing boats catch”
Reviewed March 30, 2010

Nice bar/restaurant on the boardwalk...easy going...good menu and service...recommend it.

New Jersey
“Good food...great atmosphere!”
Reviewed March 21, 2010

My boyfriend and I had dinner here one evening on our recent trip to St. Croix.
The food was pretty good. I had the pad thai...it wasn't the pad thai I was used to but it was still good. My boyfriend ordered chicken. We both enjoyed our meal and the service was good. Loved the inside of the place though...very cool. I would def say to check this place out if you are in Christiansted! And try a Hurricane Hunter :-) YUM!

washington state
“Go to Angry Nate's”
Reviewed March 12, 2010

When on island time this is a great restaurant to relax at. They have great "island drinks" and a full bar right on the boardwalk. Sit outside and watch the charter boat and the catch of the day come in or just people watch. They also have nice inside seating if looking to get out of the sun. Our waiter (Eric, I think) was the bomb. He did a great job.

texoma
“Don't try the lobster!”
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Stopped at Angry Nates after a glorious day at Buck Island. I was curious about the Caribbean lobster. I was aware it's not the same as the Northern lobster so asked questions. The waiter told me how it was prepared, that is was very good and tender. I was with my mom who also ordered the lobster and my sister, who was wise enough to get tuna. Both lobsters were terrible! Looked good, but couldn't flake off a bite with our fork. Couldn't pry off a bite with our fork. Couldn't pull the meat out of the shell with our fork. Ended up turning it over and peeling the shell off with our hands. Couldn't flake a bite off with our fork, couldn't cut a bite off with out fork. Both of us literally had to cut it with a knife to eat. It was way chewier than any seafood I ever had - I've eaten fried calimari rings at sports bars that was more tender. When we told the waiter it was so tough we had to cut it with a knife he vanished! Didn't see him again until he dropped off the check! Sister's tuna was wonderful, but I have to say the lobster was a let down and the staff response to an unsatisfied customer is what made us decide we were done wtih Angry Nate's. The only reason I rated the food as poor instead of terrible is that I got to taste the tuna. That being said, we found outstandingly tasty tuna all over the island.

1 Thank TexomaLin
Rockwall, TX
“Angry Nates to the rescue!”
Reviewed February 9, 2010

My best friend and I traveled to St. Croix back in January. We stayed at the King Christian Hotel so we were fortunate enough to be right next to the boardwalk where all the fun is. We went to Angry Nate's one night while we were there with some island friends and had a few drinks and had a great time. Well, the night that our flight was supposed to leave was a nightmare. Our flight was grounded due to the crew flying too many hours and not being able to fly us out after it took longer than expected to change a flat tire. (The down-side to "island time".) So, American Airlines haphazardly attempted to put everyone up because our flight would not be leaving until 11:30 the next day. They gave us vouchers that certain restaurants were supposed to take for the hotel, taxi and food. We found out, the hard way, that AA does not pay their bills so no one accepts their vouchers anymore. (Taxi's dropped us off and didn't come back to get us the next morning, but that's a whole other story.) We were starving and Angry Nate's was the only restaurant left open by the time we got settled back in Christianhead (at a different hotel, liked King Christian a lot better) around 10:00pm. The waiter, Phillip, was super nice, very energetic and did everything he could to accomodate us. While they couldn't take the food voucher, they did offer us free drinks (alcoholic) while we dined with them. That definitely helped to relax us after such a stressful situation at the airport. Thank you Angry Nate's (Phillip and the manager, I forgot your name, I'm sorry) for your compassion and excellent service! I hope to go back again one day and I'll be sure to dine at your place as often as I can. Thank you for caring and making our experience tolerable that night.