“Always GREAT!!”
Review of Paradise Cafe - CLOSED

Paradise Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Serving lunch and dinner in historic setting.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I came across this / read the reviews while looking up the phone number for this restaurant online. I have been on island for several years, and LOVE Paradise Cafe's food. It is consistently good. The gyros are awesome and it's a nice breakfast spot. Also, they sometimes have chicken soup as the special and it cannot be beaten! I just wanted to say after reading the previous review that no one has ever been rude to us there. It's a small business in a bad economy so please, visitors, give them a chance.

...I wish the parking downtown was better, but it is worth a couple drives around the block to look for a spot to eat there.

1  Thank melissastx
tommytvi, Owner at Paradise Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank You very much for your kind words and coming to my defense. I would never be rude to a customer especially in the present STX economy. The lady had been told to have our corned beef and cabbage special but the people who arrived before her had ordered it and we only get so many orders. When she called me over to ask why she saw it being delivered to other tables when I had told her we were out, I said that that was why we had run out. I guess that that put her in bad mood.
Thanks for sticking up for me and enjoying my food. I try to keep prices down and provide a clean comfortable atmosphere where you could bring your mom. I also think my food is pretty good and appreciate return visitors. The fact that some people will plan their vacations to come in for my ravioli or that they have been thinking about the crab stuffed fish all year make it worthwile. Again thank you and please come back soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We found Christiansted to be very desolate and many restaurants were closed.

We were walking by and a nice man told us that "Paradise Cafe" had great food and that their special, "Corned Beef and Cabbage" was fabulous...so we went in. I asked about the special, and the waiter said he was out of it, but then I saw it served to the next table. Later on, I asked for ketchup for my fries and he said "I haven't gotten to that yet". His overall attitude was short and he was downright rude. I talked to several area stores after we left and they admitted that the "waiter" was actually the "owner" and he always had a bad attitude. If it wasn't for the good food, I would've given the Paradise Cafe "0" stars.

I know the owner reads these reviews because he posted a glowing review of his Philly Cheese Steak on his window coming into the restaurant, I doubt he'll post this.

tommytvi, Owner at Paradise Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

I am very sorry that you thought I was being rude. When you came in we had just sold out of the corned beef and cabbage. The people you saw getting it had already ordered prior to your arrival. When your order came up I realized that I had to bring ketchup but didn't have any free hands. When I put your plates on the table you asked for ketchup and I responded that I hadn't gotten to that yet but it was the next thing I did. Obviously I should have just responded with a "yes, maam". I was not trying to be rude, I was just acknowledging that I knew you needed ketchup but hadn't had a chance to get it as yet but it was the next thing I did.
When I first saw your review I sent you a message apologizing and asking you to come back and I would try to make up for your negative experience. If you look at the rest of my Trip Advisor reviews I think you'll find I go to great lengths to make my customers have a positive dining experience at my restaurant. As you noticed St Croix is undergoing a severe lack of business and many places have closed as a result. Every customer is very important to me. I hope to be able to make this up to you in the future and once again apologize

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I happened upon this quaint little restaurant in downtown Christiansted. Being from north of Philly I decided to have the cheese steak sandwich just for fun. What a shock! It was awesome. It is the best cheese steak sandwich I have had since leaving PA 34 years ago.

By the way, my wife had fresh fish which she also thoroughly enjoyed.

I would highly recommend this little gem.

Ray P

Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is not on the wharf but worth finding. Pleasant atmosphere and nice people with very good food.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

The bartender ad owner Jerry was beyond helpful by pointing tidbits about the island, what to definitely see what not to bother with. He also makes an amazing rum runner, I was drinking them all week and his was BY FAR the BEST! Tasted as good as the Soggy Dollar's (on Jost van Dyke, BVI) rum runner, maybe even better!