“Great relaxing spot”
Review of The Mermaid

The Mermaid
Ranked #26 of 109 Restaurants in Christiansted
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had a great little meal here in the late afternoon. I had the pasta and my husband had a burger. It was pricey but the view of the beach was excellent. Or, just come to beach at the Buccannear and bring your own food. Chairs rent for a few $.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I came down to the Mermaid after a round of golf. The food was very good. Conch fritters were good (not the best ever, but good) served with a curry sauce. Both of our meals were very good and the view is amazing. We liked it enough to return the next day for swimming on the beach and lunch again. In case you were unaware, there are no private beaches on the island. This beach has beautiful sand and water and not a lot of coral and sea urchins in the swimming area. Not a great place for snorkeling. Drinks from the bar are cold and the "Painkiller" drink is just what it claims. 2 should have you speaking Cruzan in no time.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

we stayed at the Buccaneer so we may be biased but the wonderful food and drinks... esp. rum punch with a "floater" was a special treat everday.. delicious fresh salads and wraps while having the most amazing beach views ever!! We would stay all day!!

Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

I live In STX! I would not come here to eat at my own expense, there are far more better restaurants on island than this tourist trap place. We came for lunch with a $50 gift certificate. The jerk chicken wings are horrible, too much sauce all over the plate. My boyfriend had the rueben, the bread was paper thin and was already soggy; he said the fries were gross. I had the columbus landing chicken sandwich... I can make a better chicken sandwich at home. NOT WORTH YOUR MONEY!! The only thing nice about this place is the atmosphere.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Outdoor eating right on the beach. Food was good and so was the service.