“Good Food, Long Wait” 4 of 5 bubbles

Kim's
Ranked #26 of 104 Restaurants in Christiansted
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: 340-773-3377
Edgeley, North Dakota
“Good Food, Long Wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

We arrived for lunch about 12:00 and had to wait about an hour to get our food. We were prepared for the wait, but were very hungry by the time the food. Interesting menu items and we were not disappointed with the food quality.

Chicago, Illinois
“Simplistic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

A very simple and cute place to have a meal. Prices are cheaper than most of the restaurants on the island. Good authentic local flavor, an all around solid choice.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Great choice for local fare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

Looking for a break from the hotel restaurant, my wife and I headed over to Christiansted. The hotel shuttle dropped us off at the boardwalk which has it's share of "Joe's bar & grill" looking places but I wanted some local fare. After wandering around for a bit and checking out the menus of several other restaurants we finally made our way back to a spot I saw on the ride in. The white board in front listed just the menu I had a taste for -- snapper, grouper, jerk, saltfish, etc. The main dining area was empty which to me is usually not a good sign and the young lady I'd seen when we first passed sitting out front with a bored expression was now inside. I asked her were they even open and she said yes so we picked a table in front with an open window. Luckily my wife selected the curry chicken I wanted which allowed me to order the snapper I wanted as well and be able to have a taste of both. We also added the baked Mac n cheese. It took a little bit for the dishes to come out (maybe 12-14 mins) but they were definitely worth the wait. The snapper was baked in a creole sauce and I ordered the seasoned rice with it (more like rice and peas). The meat was almost perfect, just a smidgen overcooked for my preference but still flaked off very well. The serving size would've been enough for two meals if I hadn't been greedy! My wife's curry chicken was very good as well, the meat as tender as could be. She ordered white rice with hers and we both had garden salads to start. My wife asked the waitress if the Mac n cheese was good when ordering and the waitress said it's the best in her opinion. In my opinion she didn't lie, it was excellent. Even my wife, who makes an exceptional baked Mac n cheese, questioned whether it was better than hers.

New York NY
“Great food, if you can wait 1h15m”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

The review rating would have been much better if we didn't have to wait an hour and 15 minutes to get our food. Yes, there's island time, but this was ridiculous. Maybe take a small snack to tide you over as you wait?
The food once it arrived was fingerlicking good though. Curried conch and shrimp were delicious. The creole take on the same dish was more tomato-y than creole. Baked mac and cheese for the kids was lovely. They were out of their fish of the day by dinner time.
Definitely make sure any little ones in the party have had a snack as you will be waiting.

Visited April 2014
Wells, ME
“St. Croix Hidden Gem for Authentic Local Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is the best kept secret in St. Croix. The food was outstanding. We had the creole conk and steamed grouper, both outstanding. The creole had plenty of flavorful spices, a little heat, but mostly delicious island flavor. The grouper was cooked to perfection with a light, flavorful sauce. The seasoned rice that accompanied each dish was also excellent. Oh, and the Mac and cheese was enjoyed by the kids. We tried a variety of the fruit juices, all were excellent. The most interesting part, the bill was half what you would expect tp pay for food this good at any of the big name restaurants.

• Visited March 2014