“Fabulous food” 5 of 5 stars

Cafe Christine
Ranked #24 of 100 Restaurants in Christiansted
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Fabulous food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Christine prepares fabulous light dishes. Her pies are outstanding as well. I also love her chicken Victoria salad. Enjoy dining on the patio or inside in Air-conditioned comfort.

Visited December 2013

Fairfax Station, Virginia
“Everything Christine Cooks is DELICIOUS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We have been going for years and it is the BEST place for lunch in Christiansted. We all eat whatever she makes that day-- a french trained chef with the specials written on the board each day--one pasta dish; two or three salads; a vegetarian plate; a quiche; a special; and 3 kinds of pies to die for (order them when you order lunch or they sell out). Try the pate with a small salad and french bread and ALWAYS order the soup of the day-- you will literally want to lick the plate. All locals go here-- kind of hard to find in the Apothecary courtyard behind the mexican place "Luncheria" but don't give up! Reservations are a must 340-713-1500. It's tiny with indoor and outdoor seating.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Terese C
“Bravo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

My favorite place to eat on St Croix. Always delicious, warm and friendly. They are living their passion.

Visited June 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not to be missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I am in St. Croix a few times a year and Cafe Christine is #1 on my list to visit every time. The food is, in a word - beautiful. Delicious with wonderful presentation. Service is attentive and caring. The outdoor patio delightful. After a few visits - we were addressed by name - every time we return. And we will return time and time again. As good as any food I have had in France. The only regret is that Cafe Christine is not open for dinner.

• Visited May 2013
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Better than average but not enough for "very good" rating.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had been told to go to Christine's and it was interesting that it is only open for lunch on weekdays. It was pouring all morning and we were happy to find the outdoor seating area covered. There were several tables already reserved but we had no trouble being seated - probably because it was just noon. It was very warm and humid though rain had stopped. Interesting menu and I might have been inclined to try one of the more pricey dishes but was feeling a bit frugal on last day of trip and noticed they did not take credit cards. Opted for herb ice tea and two of us had the cold soup and salad. Another person had a larger salad with proscuitto I wish I had chosen. Waitress was pleasant though a bit affected and told us to simply push away the cat who was hanging around.
She described the soup in detail and it sounded quite good, but in fact it was on the thick side and heavy for cold soup - not sure what sort of bisque it was - didn't finish it. Salad and tea were fine. Darling bathroom in an out-building in courtyard. Server kept referring to chef in glowing terms but it was a mysterious who the "she" was - Christine? Couldn't see inside from porch since there is rubber slated screen covering the doorway but I saw the daily pies on counter when went to look for rest room - they are probably delicious but it was too hot for desert. While we were there another party of three arrived and sat at one of the reserved tables and there was another customer eating inside. The server seemed friendlier to other table outside but perhaps she knew them? Didn't really enjoy the lunch though that might have been my problem or the uncomfortable weather and the fact that they do not take any credit cards. I had just replenished cash at ATM for cab to airport the following day and had to return and spend another service fee to replenish again after paying cash for lunch. When I am home and at local restaurants that don't take cards, I am ok with it but on vacation I think merchants - especially in upscale restaurants - should take cards when even the smaller merchants take them. This was another annoyance. Might be more enjoyable under other circumstances and if prepared to pay cash. But in the end, I would recommend this for location and uniqueness.

• Visited May 2013