“Great place, service and food”
Review of Cafe Christine

Cafe Christine
Ranked #20 of 109 Restaurants in Christiansted
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2011

I enjoyed my time at Cafe Christine. The food is fresh, the service is wonderful and Christine's pie is amazing, the best I ever had. I truly recommend this place for lunch. It is open Monday - Friday from 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 a.m. The food is made by Christine and she will come by your table to make sure that you are enjoying the food.

Reviewed March 20, 2011

Visited Cafe Christine in 2010 and loved it. Returned this year with "locals" and it reconfirmed my original opinion. Food is fresh, beautifully presented, full of flavor. Service is lovely and, probably because I was with known customers, even better. I would recommend this spot to anyone--some guys may not find it hearty enough. I'll continue to return and hope that Christine is still providing great food in a peaceful atmosphere.

Reviewed September 11, 2010

As a former St. Croix resident, I head straight for Christine's on every visit back. Island residents usually call ahead to ask for a table during the busiest part of the winter season (holidays, February). Christine is a French lady who has been in this location for years. There's not much in the way of a sign, but ask anyone in downtown Christiansted to point you in the right direction from Company Street - it is in the Apothecary Courtyard up a few steps past Luncheria Mexican restaurant.
I usually get a delicious quiche that comes with a green salad or order the veggie renaissance platter with salads such as green, pasta, lentil. Chicken Victoria is another wonderful salad with walnuts. Very nice house wines by the glass are reasonably priced.
As other reviewers note, the pies are a must, all homemade by Christine. Peach, pear chocolate, coconut - all lovely.
The only sad thing is that Christine isn't open in the summer when she heads for France but you can usually find her open from November through May or even June.

Reviewed May 1, 2010

Don't get to St. Croix often, but when we do, Cafe Christine's is a must.. Simply delicious, very French. If you're looking for a huge burger no, but a great Provencal Lunch, then yes. It's been years since we visited St. Croix, Cafe Christine's was exactly as we remembered it.
If you're a dessert hound and the pear-chocolate pie sounds good to you, reserve one, they go fast.

Reviewed April 18, 2010

We just returned from St Croix and I wanted to add my review of Cafe' Christine. One of the shop owners recommended it and even offered to call ahead as we were a party of 6. When we arrived we found the restaurant closed due to a family emergency. We ate elsewhere,typical tourist, greasy fish and chips and vowed to come back to Christianstad to eat at Cafe Christine. Two days later we booked a tour with Black Beard to go to Buck Island (great) and were determined to eat at Cafe Christine. This time she was open and we were met at the door, warmly greeted and seated inside. I would recommend making reservations for an outside table if possible but since we did not we sat inside. Which was cool, a nice reprive after coming off our Buck Island trip. We started with the Duck Pate which was served with fresh french bread, tart pickles and a green salad. It was delicious. The flavor of the pate was heavenly so smooth and creamy. Three of us had the special which was chicken served with a cream sauce and pasta (you could substitute shrimp) which one of them did. The chicken was cooked perfectly and the sauce was out of this world. So good that we ordered extra bread to get every last bite. We also had the shrimp and asparagus salad, the dressing was again perfectly seasoned. and the chicken salad, again perfectly seasoned (no mayo). Then the desert !! Homemade pies, freshly baked. You will never have a better crust. Light, flaky and buttery. We had the chocolate/pear and the apple/cranberry. We would have ordered more desserts but we were so full. We talked about returning and having dessert first. I would highly recommend this restaurant, especially if you are looking for a change from the touristy, fried, foods. It is a quiet oasis, away from the hustle of the waterfront. Our server (I am sorry that we did not get her name) handled the front of the restaurant smoothly and with such poise. She was very busy, seating people, getting orders and drinks and answering the phone to take more orders. She was warm and personable and answered our many questions. Christine came out after we were served to make sure everything was to our satisfaction. I would say that and much more. I would say that if you eat elsewhere at least stop by and get a dessert to go, you will not be disappointed. If we ever return to St Croix (hopefully) we will put Cafe Christine on the top of our list of "must do's".

1  Thank VTnative24