“A must while in St. Croix!”
Review of Kendricks - CLOSED

Kendricks
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Kendrick's a great time. The courtyard is wonderful. This kind of ambience cannot be contrived. This is the real thing dating back more than a hundred years. The bar is tastefully done without being the slightest bit pretentious. Food is wonderful. The staff are courteous and engaging, as well as genuine. The best way to have fun in the VI is to get the skinny from the locals.

David and Jane, the owners are very friendly. It's obvious they enjoy their work--a labor of love.

Reviewed May 3, 2010

Kendrick's was always my favorite restaurant until this trip. It still is excellent, but this time, Bacchus beat them out. The do boast one of the most beautiful settings I have ever seen in an old West Indian house with a courtyard. It is just gorgeous.

For starters, we shared the roquefort caesar salad and the sweet potato ravioli. Both were excellent. Then the mains were the salmon and the pasta. Again, both were excellent and my sister is still talking about her salmon. For dessert, I ordered a key lime pie to go and ate it later. It was delicious too. The service was very good throughout the meal.

This has for us always been a consistently great restaurant and well worth the money.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 10, 2010

I am so glad that this site is here because people really need to know before they go to a place like this and spend WAY TOO much money for poor quality food! My husband and I went here on a special occasion. We ordered a tuna app that had so much fat in it the you could not cut it with a steak knife. We sent it back and said that if the tuna steak was the same cut that my husband did not want it because the quality was NOT sushi grade...matter of fact, it was the WROST piece of tuna I have even seen in my life! My $45.00 main dish came and it was just OK. The steak was over cooked and the quality of the meat was average. My husband tuna steak came and it was the same fatty, unable to cut with a steak knife quality. We sent his meal back and asked for the manager...who DID NOT come. On the way out the door in total dismay, my husband asked to speak to the manager only to have her say...Do me a favor and don't come back! Not only was the food horrible, the manager was rude, arrogant and unaware of what sushi grade tuna is supposed to look like, cut like and taste like. I highly suggest you go to Bacus and stay away from THIS PLACE!!

5  Thank Loveagoodmeal
Reviewed July 30, 2009

We have been dining at Kendrick's for about 25 years. It was our favorite St. Croix restaurant until this July, 2009. The food is still excellent! But, we felt very rushed. Our party of 4 first ordered drinks and appetizers. We also ordered a bottle of wine. The woman hostess seemed to rush one guest, when he hadn't started his salad she asked if there was a problem. No, we just wanted to take our time in such a beautiful setting. Before our appetizers were finished, our entrees appeared. I inquired if the ownership had changed, because we always enjoyed lingering over after dinner drinks and having desert. We were informed that it had not changed ownership. We were finished with all our courses in 1 1/2 hours!! Don't they want guests? Is Dave Kendrick aware of how his customers are being treated? We'll think twice before we recommend our once favorite St. Croix restaurant to any of our friends. Diana

4  Thank Myrtley
Reviewed April 5, 2009

As a local, I eat at many of the restaurants. I've consistently had my best meals at Kendricks, probably because the chef is the owner so there aren't the up's and down's many of the others have. I always ask if the local fishermen brought in an afternoon catch and order that if available. The fresh fish and sauces are remarkable. The cook is usually willing to make a sauce of my choice if I prefer something other than the special. Dining at local restaurants is European relaxed - unless you request to be in and out fast, you won't be rushed in and out. It's a beautiful spot to talk, relax, and enjoy a great meal.