“What a breath ofg fresh air !!!!!”
Review of Kendricks - CLOSED

Kendricks
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
New Hope, Pennsylvania
“What a breath ofg fresh air !!!!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife, I and 2 very good friends had dinner at Kendricks about 3 weeks ago and we had a wonderful evening from the time we entered the restaurant to the time we left.
First we had a very nice and welcoming reception at the door, my friend who is also a snow bird and only stay on the Island for two months in the winter, were recognized and addressed by their last name!!! almost unheard of now a days.The table was properly set with right chinaware, silverware and fine glassware . Our waitress was very professional, appropriately dressed and not overly" friendly" but always there when needed. The food was really good and reasonably priced, in fact I would venture to say it was the best and most honest food I had on St Croix for many years.The wine least on the modest side, but very nice offerings of excellent quality.
Before we left the restaurant, the owner's wife came to the table to thank us and wish us a good night. This dinning experience was what it should be but very seldom is the case.
In am very sorry to hear that, I believe this April Kendricks will be closing its doors, what a shame, I can only wish the owner who is the chef and is wife the hostess a great success where ever they future will take them, they really deserve it.

• Visited January 2014

Denville, New Jersey
“Fine Dining at it's Best”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Located in the heart of Christiansted, my husband and I dined here during our first trip to St. Croix last March. We so enjoyed the experience we brought our teen and college age daughters on our return trip this past November. Kendrick's offers an indoor, air-conditioned environment with an intimate bar tucked into it's corner, as well as a larger open air courtyard. My first choice is always to eat outside given the opportunity. During our most recent visit, the courtyard was beautifully decorated for the holiday season, bright white lights and red accents among the tropical plantings... just stunning. The tables around the perimeter are under cover should a light rain shower choose to pass through. Kendrick's is fine dining at it's best. Perfect for a romantic dinner or a special memory with family or friends. The menu is sophisticated and selective, yet varied enough for everyone to find their perfect choice. The service was professional, pleasant and very accommodating. My first course was a tuna cake appetizer that I will not soon forget. It is no wonder that "Bon Appetit" took notice of this restaurant. If you are "on island" and have the opportunity, go! Even if it is just for a drink , a blueberry infused martini maybe, or dessert. I hear that Kendrick's is looking to retire this April, so on behalf of those of us who can not make it back in time, consider raising your glass and wishing them well... "To Kendrick's, well done!"

• Visited November 2013
“Knowledgable and talented Bartender”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Brian behind the bar was knowledgeable and makes a hell of a Martini. He threw in description on how their dishes were prepared. I ignored his suggestion of the Duck and went for the filet, which was a perfect medium-rare, but the Demi was rather watery and didn't make the steak pop for me, I can't wait to return and try duck and meet the other member of the staff who also seemed very professional.

• Visited February 2014
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Best on the island”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Everyone has their favorites, but for us, Kendricks is the best on the island. Continental influenced, truly inspired food in a lovely outdoor garden setting. Excellent service.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank TRC99
Christiansted, St. Croix
“Excellent Restaurant in St. Croix”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Fabulous meal and service. The setting, food and service is what any evening dining experience should be. The duck, fish, chicken and pork tenderloin were all excellent. Each entree was prepared to perfection. The sad part about Kendricks is that it will be closing after this season (April 2014)
Stop by to enjoy this fine restaurant.

• Visited January 2014