“Best local food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Tennessee
“Best local food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

The locals referred me to this place and I'm so glad! So So good! When I got to Christiansted I could only find the tourist traps around the boardwalk. But who want's American food when on vacation? Richie, who served us was very welcoming and steered us to the oxtail, goat curry, fish curry! We probably ate their three days in a row it was so good. Also found out Tim Duncan grew up here. His picture is painted on the front so you can't miss it when trying to look for it.

• Visited August 2013

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Family Welcoming Local Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a very welcoming and family friendly local restaurant. We were the only ones there for lunch but it was a Saturday in July. We felt very comfortable asking questions and taking risks on unknown food. I ordered pot fish having no idea it would be an entire fish. I am not sure if it was the owner or manager, but he came over after he saw my shock (vegetarian for over 25 years but decided to eat the local fish when in St Croix). He was so nice and made me feel so relaxed that I dove right in and enjoyed every bite while my family sat laughing and in amazement. It is an experience we will not forget. The provisions are wonderful (thanks to our taxi driver who taught us that word - sides as I would call it) - every plate comes with many just like the picture shows including fungi (dish made with cornmeal often served with fish) and are a treat unto themselves. My daughter had the stewed chicken which she loved and my husband had some sort of special for the day. There is no menu but the waitress is very nice and takes her time reading through it. This was by far our favorite local restaurant and the one I would most highly recommend to families.

• Visited July 2013
Brick NJ
“Best meal we had on the island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is not in the best location (we could see THREE gentlemen's clubs from the spot where we parked!) but the food is outrageously good. WE got goat curry and oxtail. The latter was the best thing we ate bar none on the island. Better yet the service was both friendly AND fast!

Visited July 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Do Not Miss!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Family owned, and Mrs. Harvey does all the cooking. We come to Harvey's every time we are in St. Croix. Multiple times. And, the food is always excellent. They are only open for lunch, and the menu changes daily, though a few dishes are staples (e.g., bbq and baked chicken). Highly recommended dishes are the bbq or baked chicken, conch in butter sauce, stewed goat, and crab salad, to name a few. Never had a bad meal here. Get there early for lunch; they are very popular and run out of favorite dishes toward the end of the service. Each dish is served on one plate with several "sides", such as mashed sweet potatoes, mac and cheese (amazing!), rice and peas, fried plantains, and a small salad with tomatoes; whatever Mrs. Harvey made for the day. Locals eat here, and it's easy to see why. Casual, cozy, laid back, delicious. Just a few blocks from downtown, and worth the walk. Take the time to find this little gem. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Good to see they are still cooking great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Harvey's has good food... but the conch soup. .. oh my god my wife and had a large one each and I must say it to rocked our world. I can't remember when last I had a conch soup delisious. We other things too but that soup was ...was....smfh! A word to the wise get there by 11:30 for lunch. People call in to reserve food and they WILL run out of certain things quick.

• Visited July 2013