“Too pathetic to call me back!”
Review of Duggan's Reef

Duggan's Reef
Ranked #11 of 113 Restaurants in Christiansted
Cuisines: Caribbean, European
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I called for a reservation in the early afternoon today and was directed by a recording to leave my name, number in my party, and time of reservation. I also left my cell number and repeated it twice for clarity. We arrived at the restaurant with our party of 8 at 6:00. Although the place was nearly empty, I was told that they didn't have a table for us. Then the hostess said to me that "they didn't call me back because they knew they were full". No apology, no attempt to make something work. Glad to spend my money elsewhere!

1  Thank Aaron C

Reviewed January 30, 2014

If you are a lobster lover and visiting St Croix, Duggans Reef is a must.
The portions are large and the lobsters are really tasty. The sides were also great. My husband had the mushrooms and the artichokes with tomatoes and raved about both. I had the grilled asparagus. They were amazing. Key lime pie for dessert topped off a great meal in a fun atmosphere. Would definately go back.

1  Thank JanisGigi
Reviewed January 28, 2014

A really neat restaurant on the East end of St. Croix. Again, open air dining. The specialty here is fresh lobster and it is what we recommend. Delicious! We always make it a point to eat here at least once when we visit St. Croix. One of our favorite places!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We have been to Duggans three times so far this trip on STX...Absolutely great each time. Best lobster on island and/or anywhere in Caribbean we've been. Last time was Friday, 1/24/2014. Rum coctails got us ready. We decided on surf and turf, so I got ribeye and Jean got lobster in the buff, what a feast. Large bake potatoes and fresh crisp aspargas and green beans. We were very pleased and full but went for the frozen Tierra Masseu(spell check) to finish..WOW a six inch cube of frozen delight with chocolate sauce. Perfect ending. Price was very reasonable.. Live steel pan band added soft Caribbean atmosphere throughout dinner. Our server, Sally, is the best on island and made us very comfortable, happy, and right at home.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed everything about our evening at Duggan's. Staying on the east end, it is the one place everyone told us to not miss.

We got there early for a cocktail- my husband had a terrific "lime in the coconut" that was almost a double portion. Jamie was our bartender, and not only was he attentive before dinner, he checked up on us later, and he even saw me looking for our waiter for something, and he took care of it himself!

You get what you pay for, and dinner was excellent but not cheap. I had the swordfish which was delicious, and my husband enjoyed the salmon special of the night. Jody was marvelous as our waiter. Their key lime pie has a firm texture but very tasty.

Duggan's is an island tradition that should not be missed.