“Love this place”
Review of Duggan's Reef

Duggan's Reef
Ranked #6 of 104 Restaurants in Christiansted
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Portland, Oregon
“Love this place”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

One of the reasons I return to St Croix for vacation is to enjoy the fine meals at Duggans. I crave their fresh seafood and their Sunday brunch is phenom. Sitting on the water looking out at the turquoise color and beautiful white sand and magnificent sail boats is an experience I dream of while living in the states. The service there is excellent with some of the nicest and friendliest people you will meet on the island.

Visited April 2013

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Good Food”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Good food but a bit pricey in my opinion. View is beautiful view and staff is friendly. We enjoyed our experience there.

Visited March 2013
Virginia
“Wonderful dining by the Sea!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Our waitress was attentive and the food very good! We had the Irish Whiskey Lobster, scallops, lobster rolls, and tuna ceviche. The potions were large and well prepared. The wine list was ample; however, our white wine should have been served at a cooler temperature. The sounds of the ocean waves and the views add to the overall dining experience here. We would gladly return.

• Visited April 2013
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Beautiful view”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed dinner at Duggan's Reef very much. The crab cakes were the best that we have had in a long time. The prices were reasonable and the service very attentive. The atmosphere is very relaxing but gives the feel of fine dining.

• Visited February 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible!!!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by the concierge at our hotel. She had raved about haw wonderful the lobster was and what a great atmosphere it was. My husband and I had reservations at 8pm and arrived 10 minutes early. We were seated promptly, and the host took our drink order. We received our drinks fairly quickly. Initially we thought it was going to be a good experience.....wrong. We waited over 25 minutes to be waited on. Finally, when the waitress came to take out our orders I ordered lobster as well as a lettuce salad and my husband ordered Mahi Mahi. The waitress shortly returned after taking our orders and alerted me that they were out of lobster. She then proceeded to tell me that the large party of people sitting near us had already ordered and had ordered a large amount of lobster and implied that they were priority. This comment perturbed me greatly. She gave me a menu to find something else to order. While awaiting her return, I noticed a waiter coming to the table with the large party of people taking their order; I heard many of them ordering lobster. When the waitress returned, I again asked if there was no lobster how could that large party be supplied with lobster. She proceeded to tell me that those people were locals and lived close by and had also called ahead and pre-ordered their lobster. Really????? I didn't know that being a local was a prequalification to get good service in a restaurant. Nor did I realize that I needed to call the restaurant and reserve a lobster with my name on it. I then ordered one of the fish specials she had previously mentioned. It had been over 20 minutes and I had still not received my salad. My husband spoke with the host as he walked by and alerted him that our waitress had not been by to refill our water or even ask if we wanted more drinks. He also told him that i hadn't received my salad either. He was very short and rude with us. His reply was that they were busy and only had 3 servers for the evening. Never did he apologize. He walked away and then returned shortly to tell us that the order for my salad was in the kitchen and it hadn't been made yet, and that they would get to it when they could. My husband and I then thought about simply leaving, but due to it being so late we figured it would be too late to find another restaurant. Our food finally arrived a little after 9pm. In my opinion, the food was mediocre. Again, our waitress didn't come by to refill our drinks. She had a very poor attitude and treated us as if we were a bother to her. After we had finished another waitress came to take our plates, and asked if we would like our check. We were never offered dessert (not that I would have ordered any and given them any more of my business). My husband requested our check and we left very disappointed. I would NOT recommend this restaurant. It was definitely not worth going to. Horrible experience. Poor service, poorly trained staff, unwelcoming atmosphere, and overpriced.

• Visited March 2013