“A little pricy but delicious”
Review of Duggan's Reef

Duggan's Reef
Ranked #4 of 109 Restaurants in Christiansted
Cuisines: Caribbean, European
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stopped at Duggan's Reef on our first night in the island. The food was delicious but everything was very expensive - definitely should have gone beyond the tourist-y, resort section of the island. I got the mahi special and my husband had the medium lobster. It was enough for him and he's a big guy! We also had the Asian short ribs. Overall, the food was very very sweet, which was unexpected. I probably wouldn't go again (if I lived here) any time soon, but maybe if we're craving lobster and a good sunset.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

If you are looking for a restaurant with a local feel, great food, strong drinks, outdoor seating, and a view of the ocean and Buck Island... this place is for you. Drinks were cheap and food a little pricy, but there was so much food we had to get doggy bags. My small lobster was bigger then any I have ever had anywhere else and my husbands steak only got half eaten. My dad and brother's family were also very impressed with the food and portions. Kids were a little surprised their chicken fingers were served with salsa instead of ketchup, but no worries, ketchup was on the table. Everyone was so nice and genuinely seemed happy to be working. Loved it, will go back on the next visit.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

i ate at duggan's with a party of 6, the ambience is nice (right on the water). the food was delicious, all 6 of us loved it, and most of us could not finish our meals. i got the irish whiskey-soaked lobster and it is one of the best meals i have ever had. everyone else got the surf and turf and raved about it. the service was a tiny bit slow but we weren't in a rush so we didn't care. i can't wait to eat at duggan's again when i head back to st croix in 2 weeks!!!

highly recommended!

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Over the last several years I'veonly had Sunday brunch at Duggans, but have never been disappointed. Always a pleasant drive, once you arrive it's a great setting, outside covered deck dining right on the beach/Caribe, wonderful views. If you're in a big hurry go somewhere else. Can get crowded for Sunday brunch...many locals can be found there for brunch, great meeting place. Simple menu, but have always enjoyed Sundays there...either local lobster eggs benedict or cold smoked salmon platter for me..nice little muffin/bread basket...of course with a breakfast mojito, rum punch or bloody mary...coffee is fresh & tasty...Service is pleasant but can be slow..if you're there on the beach, looking out over the Caribe, why are you in a hurry? Will I go back? I get back to STX on Saturday next week, already have plans for Duggans that Sunday for brunch...relax, enjoy the breeze, listen to local gossip & watch the Caribe go by while eating. (and support a VET owned business)

Reviewed May 23, 2012

I don't care what their websit says, Duggan's does NOT have large portions. They are average at best and small when you consider the prices.

The quality is in consistent. My friend had a good steak but my Mahi-Mahi was cold. We had reservations but didn't need them. There were only about 10 people at 4 tables when we got there. It still took 45 minutes to get our food. Even water took 20 minutes to get and 15 to refill.

Go to Duggan's for the view, NOT the food.

2  Thank LoriMomOf4