“The Great Food Just Keeps On Coming”

Rose's Dream Cuisine
Ranked #54 of 170 Restaurants in St. Croix
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Olympia, Washington
“The Great Food Just Keeps On Coming”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I reviewed Rose's the last time we were on island. We just returned from another visit to St Croix and again visited Rose's Dream Cuisine -- not once, but twice. The rum punch is a Cruzan Rum Punch and is simply the best I've ever drunk. Its a layered liquor work of art. The coconut shrimp are still incredibly delicious. This trip we indulged ourselves with the pasta alfredo and buttered conch dinners. Insanely great food. The alfredo sauce was on the lighter side with a unique and pleasurable ending flavor. My wife couldn't believe how good the conch were. We ate with another couple from Houston who had not eaten at Rose's before. They, too, were awestruck by the food and beverage. Before you leave, you should purchase some of Ms. Rose's homemade hot sauce as a tasteful reminder of St Croix.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank gillboy11

Tennessee
“Best local food after beach :)”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We went to Rainbow beach several times as it was the nicest beach on that side of the island. Stopped by here for some good local food (goat curry, curry chicken). Very delicious. Very friendly people.

• Visited August 2013
Miami, Florida, United States
“One of the best in Frederiksted!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is a new restaurant, hence the few reviews, but don't let that deter you! I dropped in for lunch a couple of weeks ago and went back again and again because of the awesome atmosphere, the wonderful, friendly service, and the unique island cuisine. They make their own mauby and ginger beer, and they have a pretty well-stocked bar. I had never tried mauby before, so I felt more cultured for doing so. They say it has a cooling effect on your body, but I will warn you, it's an acquired taste! The ginger beer, on the other hand, was awesome! Lots of ginger flavor, and not overly sweetened.

To eat, I tried the chicken chickpea wrap and the curry goat. I enjoyed both, but the people are the reason I will go back. Rose is a sweetheart and serves food from her heart. Thank you, Rose for the food and the hospitality!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Summer W
Olympia, Washington
“Coconut Shrimp with a Solid Punch”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My sweetie and I were walking King Street in Frederickstad and happened on Rose's. Not much to look at from the outside, but walk in and the place opens up with tasteful decor and wonderful art. Since it was warm outside, we ordered a Rum Punch from the bar. This was no ordinary punch. It was a layered liquor work of art that I drank by bringing my straw up through the layers of goodness. It ends with a float of blackstrap rum. Both of us thought that this was the best rum punch we ever drank. We also ordered the coconut shrimp. The chef presented it and suggested that we squeeze some lime on it before we dipped it into the strawberry sauce. The result was an explosion of flavor that was out of this world. After another order of shrimp and rum punch, we wandered back to Cottages by the Sea. If the libations and food were not enough, meeting with Ms. Rose was also quite a treat. We had a wonderful afternoon here.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank gillboy11
Boston
“Excellent food, relaxed vibe”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

A large group of us went to this restaurant, so we were able to try many of the menu items--and all of them were excellent. There's a full bar and a specials list which featured local delicacies the night we were there. Amazingly, they are open for 3 meals a day; we went for dinner and enjoyed the night atmosphere there. (One in our party went to breakfast and was pleased she could ask for Rose's special coconut shrimp in addition to her breakfast sandwich.)

It's not a large place, maybe 10 tables. We found out the chef had professional culinary training, and it showed.

Food we ordered included a truly top-notch burger, mahi-mahi, seafood pasta, goat stew, and of course, coconut shrimp. And the onion rings were heavenly with a light batter and tasty dipping sauce. We were so stuffed we couldn't order the yummy sounding tropical deserts.

If you are lucky, Rose herself will be there and will greet you wither her amazing smile!

• Visited February 2013