“I went where the TAN TAN trees go......”
Review of Tan Tan Tours

Tan Tan Tours
Ranked #21 of 52 Tours in St. Croix
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Tan Tan Tours! St. Croix best tour operators specializing in extraordinary 4WD expeditions through St. Croix's beautiful landscape, lush rainforest, and breath-taking sceneries. Our tours are guaranteed to captivate your imagination from beginning to end. Tan Tan Tours enables adventurers to see the island in ways rarely experienced by visitors. From towering tropical forests to pristine shoreline hideaways, guests will enjoy a memorable adventure not soon forgotten.
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Just got back from St. Croix. My group and I did the TAN TAN tour on our last day. My only regret is we didn't do it one of the first days. It cost $120 plus tip per person and I was nervous it wasn't going to be worth the money. Boy, was I wrong. This trip was amazing and one of the highlights of my stay. Our driver was Kendall. He was funny and very chill. He also gave a serious and educational speech at the Sugar Mill. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the fun crazy scenic jeep tour through St. Croix. You will see the rainforest, tide pools, and beer drinking pigs. Kendall will also have you trying and smelling different plants and fruits. Trust him and try it. AMAZING TIME. MUST DO....

1  Thank Justin O
"highlight of our trip"
in 8 reviews
"interesting stories"

Reviewed April 23, 2014

My husband, 10-yr old grandson, and I spent a great day touring with Tan Tan Tours. We saw parts of the island we never would have found without their help. The guides talked to us about the island history, helped us scale rocks at the tidal pools, and stopped the tour several times to introduce us to unusual plants and fruits. I would have been more comfortable if we were able to use seat belts during the tour (lots of bumpy off-roading - NOT for young children) but there were no mishaps during the day. We will do this tour again if we return to STX.

1  Thank VuPoint_Enterprises
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Our group of 11 adventurous women took the half-day tour April 2014. We filled 3 open-air jeeps, which took us over unmaintained trails and were very fun. Our drivers, all highly skilled and knowledgeable guides, clearly wanted us to have a great time, and we did. Some of us were not prepared for the trek back to the tide pools. To others planning to go, wear sturdy water shoes with gripping soles and remember to take your snorkel gear b/c you won't want to go back to the jeep for it. We all enjoyed Kendall's presentation at the sugar mill. The beer-drinking (non-alcoholic O'Doules) pigs and local pub were enjoyed by some of us. Overall, this is a worthwhile tour, although expensive ($120). You will see and learn about life and culture of the island led by life-long islanders.

1  Thank rodlover
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The beginning of this tour was great! I loved the jeep ride. Unk and Kendall were great and the other drivers were courteous and very helpful getting people to the tide pools. I like the way the group went together in case any jeep got into trouble. The tide pools were fantastic and I think more time should have been allotted for them. Unk and Kendall were very informative. Sugar mill good and the eastern most part of US neat to see. We were taken to a great hotel to swim which had a nice meal displayed that we were told we could buy. Why would we, when our tour included lunch. We got good subs at a seven-eleven type joint. Not what we expected and had to eat them in the jeep. Domino club with beer-drinking pigs a total waste of time.Quite a dump.Would have liked to have something else in place of this. Price was high but his crew were great. Would do again if better meal and more sites were added.

2  Thank laurie h