“Best Tour of the trip”
Review of Virgin Kayak Tours

Virgin Kayak Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Virgin Kayak Tours offers unique and custom kayak tours of: Salt River Bay National Park; The Bioluminescent Bay; The East End Marine Park; Altoona Lagoon; Sandy Point National Wildlife Refuge; Ruth Cay Wildlife Refuge; Cane Bay; Annaly Bay; Maroon Hole and Frederiksted! We specialize in small groups, and focus on history, ecology and cultural landscape. We use The Hobie Mirage Kayak and the Heritage kayak. Each tour is designed to be a fun learning adventure!
Reviewed October 8, 2013

AMAZING!! Absolutely the best tour on our vacation. My husband and I went on the bioluminescent tour with Virgin Kayak, it was magical. It was so beautiful, I cannot even put words to it. Watching the fish zigzag through the water like they were bathed in a glow stick and swimming in a sea of sparklers was the coolest thing I have ever done. Definitely book this tour, you won't be disappointed. Thank you Brian and Jill!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We recently had the privilege of kayaking with Bryan Updike, owner of Virgin Kayak Tours, in the bioluminescent bay at Salt River in St. Croix. As I said in the title, this experience was simply magical! Because it was low season, we ended up being the only two on the tour that night so it was calm, quiet and beautiful as we watched the tiny organisms light up in response to agitation. Bryan was a superior guide...so informative, so passionate and concerned for the ecology and history of the area. We felt like we were touring with a friend. Jill, his wife, handled the email and was always responsive to our questions. Choose this company for your experience of a lifetime...you see the stars above you in the sky and "stars" in the water below from an easy to pedal kayak!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We did the "bioluminescent" tour - what a great experience. Watching your hands and feet shimmer as you moved them through the water was unreal. Brian was very informative and passionate about preserving this treasure. I would highly recommend anyone going to St Croix add this to their "must do" list. AWESOME!!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

This was by far one of the highlights of our trip! We did the nighttime trip to see the bioluminescence. If you are on St. Croix, this is definately something you want to experience! Thank you Bryan!!!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

A one hundred character restriction for this review feels draconian. I have several reviews from St. Croix that bleed with words. My review for Virgin Kayak Tours is as follows:

I have never felt so close to life as swimming in the bioluminescent bay.

2  Thank John M