“First Class Dive Operation”

Sweet Bottom Dive Center
Ranked #3 of 52 Tours in St. Croix
More attraction details
Owner description: Sweet Bottom Dive Center offers World Class Diving on St. Croix. With our home base located at the Renassiance St. Croix Carambola Resort; we have the perfect house reef known as the Davis Bay Wall, only 100 yards away. We are known for our high quality customer service, high end rental equipment, and safety record. We offer guided shore diving, guided boat diving, technical diving, and snorkeling along the wonderful island of St. Croix. Come and SEA us on your next visit to the USVI!
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My husband and I just returned from St Croix and Sweet Bottom Dive Center far exceeded our expectations! Greg and Mel were the best and went out of their way to ensure our diving experience was the best it could be. Our guide Dana was fantastic! We completed 10 dives in 5 days and the highlight was a night dive at the Fredericksted Pier...WOW! I would highly recommend Sweet Bottom to anyone, you can't go wrong!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I live on the island. I have had the opportunity to dive with other shops. This experience by far was one of the best. I felt really taken care of. Kudos!! I recommend wholeheartedly to anyone who is interested.

1  Thank Benni777
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My third time visiting Carambola Beach Resort- I just don't know if you can find a better all-around experience than this resort. As far as the folks as Sweet Bottom, well, their service is simply fantastic. Mel, Greg, and all the folks go out of their way in being helpful You can see that they really enjoy what they do....and that they love the island...as much as I do!

We rented out snorkel gear for the entire family, rented a jeep, and spent our time hitting one great spot after the other. We went up to Udall Point and walked down 15 minutes to the super-remote Jack's and Isaac Bays....we shared the two bays and super-long stretch of white sand with two other groups. Awesome snorkeling off the reef just 100 yds out. We snorkeled off of the pier at Fredericksted as well. We saw three sea turtles, a huge leopard ray, blowfish, awesome colorful coral on the pier pilings, and tons, and tons of fish.

We had wanted to snorkel right there at Davis Bay where Sweet Bottom and Carambola are located but the winds were blowing in and churning the surf and sand on the days we planned on keeping it local....this was the same for Cane Bay right down the road. We did end up hiking 45 mins to Annaly Bay to see the tidal pools- really neat experience.

As far as Carambola and Sweet Bottom go, the location on Davis Bay is unbelievable. Go there once and you will see why we return over and over again. Good food and service at the resort as well. Hit Rowdy Joe's down the street in Cane Bay and Off The Wall for some surprisingly good pizza (serious!). Eat at Cane Bay is good as well. And make certain to try and visit Galangal in Christiansted for simpy awesom Thai food. Gregory, at the bar, and Arthur are the owners and this Thai restaurant can hold it's own with any other in the states.

St Croix, Sweet Bottom, and Carambola rock. Fantastic people and awesome service.

Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Recently had a great experience at sweet bottom. Got certified in open water and then got to do a night time dive at the fredricksted pier! We saw lots of great marine life from rays, octopus, squid, eels, seahorses, sharks, seaturtles, and even a red lipped batfish on our dives! Highly recommend learning to dive while in st croix. Ask for Mel, could not have asked for a better instructor who truly loves her job!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

To sum it up, the people at Sweet Bottom just take care of you. St. Croix has great diving and Sweet Bottom makes it even better. Greg and Mel run a top-notch dive shop that delivers outstanding service and an excellent dive experience. They take care of you, your gear, and are helpful in every way. Located at the Carambola, a great resort in a beautiful location, it is paradise.

I learned a lot about St. Croix and the dive sites from everyone at Sweet Bottom. This was my first dive with a biologist, Dana, a real bonus. I had a computer flood and with Ryan's quick response, the computer was saved.

The great reviews you see here are all true. Sweet bottom deserves to be the #1 attraction on St. Croix.