“trash”
Review of Point Udall

Point Udall
Ranked #5 of 107 things to do in St. Croix
More attraction details
Owner description: This rocky promontory, the easternmost point in the United States, juts into the Caribbean Sea and features "The Castle," a huge mansion perched atop the cliffs and which resembles India's Taj Mahal and a Moorish mosque.
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Honestly, any high reviews of this place really makes me wonder. This supposed monument is a joke. Luckily we were staying 5 minutes away so the drive wasn't a total waste. The views are ok I suppose, unless you have been on any of the other virgin islands where these views are EVERYWHERE. This place looked trashy and there wasn't much to see. My advise: don't waste your time unless you are in the area already.

2  Thank Ximena B
There are newer reviews for Point Udall

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The view! Interesting ride to get there but you must have a car. Looking out you almost feel like you are on board a ship!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Dont miss if you like to see a side of the island un-developed and just its natural habitat. A photographers dream. Took so many pics here! Went twice once before a storm and then one morning early. A lovely drive from our hotel at the Buckaneer.Would recommend not missing this while at St Croix.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Point Udall is the easternmost point of the United States of America. It is located about a half hour east of Christiansted at the very end of Rte 82. The ACTUAL easternmost point is at the bottom of the mountain where the point meets the sea. However, they have built a cool sundial monument called Millennium Monument that commemorated, obviously, the millennium. It was built to commemorate the first azimuth of the sunrise of the millennium when the year turned 2000. Some people thing it's ugly, but I really liked it.

From the monument you have amazing views of the ocean and of Buck Island. You can get awesome photos any time, but I hear sunrise is supposed to be awesome and we were there at sunset... beautiful!

I've heard warnings that it's a place where thieves lie in wait to break into tourists' cars and I think at one point you had to park down below... maybe you're supposed to, but we drove right up to it, so I wasn't worried about anyone breaking into my car right in front of me. There is a parking lot below the monument a hundred yards or so, but it was not too busy when we were there, until we were leaving and it seemed like people started showing up for the sunset.

My husband was a nut and trucked down to the ACTUAL point as we stood at the top of the hill watching him. He was wiped out when he got back up, but it's completely do-able and besides the really cool rocks, there is apparently a beach right around there too if you're up to a hike to get there. Just beware the warnings about the thievery if you're leaving your car.

Overall, a great stop, especially for nerds like me who enjoy hitting all the superlatives in our country!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Spent a morning getting to Point Udall and it was well worth it. I wanted to see a sunrise but couldn't get ourselves out of bed that early.