“Fantastic cruise shore excursion”

Paul and Jill's Equestrian Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a guided horseback ride through the rain forest, past Danish ruins, along beautiful white sand beach with palm trees and spectacular vibrant blues of the sea, while discovering a wide palette of tropical sights and sounds from kapok trees, tarzan vines and wild bromilliads to gigantic termite nests and tame honey bee hives.
Germantown, Wisconsin
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fantastic cruise shore excursion”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Four of us scheduled this horseback riding as a shore excursion during a cruise. Originally heard of this from Tripadvisor website. Made reservations online via email. It is a short taxi ride to the stables and Paul and Jill couldn't have been more hospitable. We are all beginners and felt comfortable the entire time. The horses were chosen for our level of comfort and size. Jill truly loves her horses. While we waited for our taxi to return after the ride, Jill took us around the property showing us native fruits, trees and their other horses. We even met her mother who lives across the street! Definitely recommend booking this ride while on the island.

1 Thank Sheila M

Christiansted, St. Croix
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

My friend and I went horseback riding with Jill this past Saturday and had a blast!! We rode through the rain forest and then onto the beach, letting the horses wash their feet in the water as we went. When we got to the beach, she paused and set us up for pictures. I was really impressed with the ones she took!!! The riding was a great experience, and even though I'm a beginner and my friend has been riding since childhood, we both loved it!! We hit two sections where she let the horses go a little faster, and while it was new for me, I never really felt out of my element. Jill makes a great guide, pointing out the various flora and fauna along the way.

If you come to St. Croix, this is definitely something you should do while you're here!!

Visited April 2014
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Easy, Fun, Informational”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Jill is a fun and knowledgable guide. The horses are calm and know where to go and what to do; I am by means an experienced rider (5 times on a horse in my lifetime maybe) and would have been comfortable at a faster pace as well - but then we would have missed out on the beautiful forest/beach. Helmets are available.

After the trip we walked along the beach towards Frederiksted. We rented paddleboards at Freedom City Surf. Took about half an hour to get back into the city, but the second half had us walking on the street for ~10 minutes so it wouldn't recommend it. The taxi from Frederiksted to the stables was $10.

1 Thank M K
Follansbee, West Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great riding experience, even for beginners”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

My wife and I honeymooned on St. Croix in March, 2014. She loves horseback riding, having owned a horse for some time. I am more of a beginner but also love the experience. The resort we stayed at recommended Paul and Jill's to us and we were not disappointed. They are a very friendly couple and take good care of their horses.

Jill was our guide and shared her wealth of knowledge about local flora and fauna (as well as some history) with us as we rode through the trails in the rainforest. The trip took us onto the beach where Jill offered to use our camera to take pictures of us on horseback. On the way back we got to trot some. I felt very safe and relaxed, even as a beginner rider, as Jill is very experienced and kept an eye on me, offering advice as I rode. Lastly, the price was very good for the 90+ minute ride.

We would definitely recommend visitors to book a ride with Paul and Jill's.

Helena, Montana
“Ride on the beach and the rain forest”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

What a beautiful ride! Jill was a great guide, she has a way of making everyone feel very comfortable. She had great ideas on photo shots and even took over the camera. My teenage girls actually cracked a smile!! Paul made sure we were secure every step of the way! They make a great team!