“Great experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paul and Jill's Equestrian Stables

Paul and Jill's Equestrian Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a guided horseback ride through the rain forest, past Danish ruins, along beautiful white sand beach with palm trees and spectacular vibrant blues of the sea, while discovering a wide palette of tropical sights and sounds from kapok trees, tarzan vines and wild bromilliads to gigantic termite nests and tame honey bee hives.
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Jill did a phenomenal job. Everyone was well matched to a horse based on our experience (it was my first time ever on a horse; one in our group was a pretty experienced rider). Jill gave a great tour through the rainforest and what a highlight to be on the beach on horseback! St Croix is such a beautiful place. The beach and water are just gorgeous.

Being a first timer on horseback I was a bit nervous, but my horse MacGregor was awesome. Somehow he tolerated this newbie and I had a great time. The entire group had similar experience.

This is a fantastic way to enjoy the island and I highly recommend it.

I was a bit surprised at first because these "stables" were quite rustic compared to what I've seen back home in the states, but don't let it put you off. The tour was awesome.

Visited March 2014

Springfield, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful Horseback Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

This is our second time visiting St. Croix and we decided to see some of it on horseback. It was my very first experience riding on a horse and Jill picked Mr. Fritz for me. He was a complete gentleman! My husband rode Mr. McGregor who was equally gentle and very responsive to the commands Jill instructed us to give as we rode. Jill gave us such wonderful history and information along the trail and about the rainforest vegetation. She made a point to stop several times to take our picture. We will definitely come back to see her our next trip.

Visited March 2014
Saint Charles, Missouri
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Great family activity”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

What a wonderful activity this was for our family to enjoy. Both our physically fit adult children, and my husband and I who are older could enjoy nature on the trail, and at the beach equally. The horses were well chosen for each of us, and the guided tour in the beautiful terrain was magical. This is an experience not to be missed on St. Croix near Frederiksted.

Kingston, Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great Island Horse Ride Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

What a great horse ride experience through the rainforest lush area and a ride along the beach. Jill was a great guide and was a wealth of knowledge. The horses were well behaved and responded to the rider. St. Croix is a quiet island and we recommend this as one of many things to do on the island. Like others indicated, the owners are very attentive and ensure you are on a safe ride and each horse has his own personality. We had a great time.

1 Thank marlyd71
Devon, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Going for a trail ride here was one the highlights of my vacation. There were 2 of us scheduled to ride but the other person didn't show up, so I had a private ride with Jill. My horse, Bucky (named for his buckskin color, not because he bucked!) was great - very responsive and well cared for. Jill was an outstanding guide, explaining about the environments we travelled through and also sharing family stories of local life and history. I had never ridden on a beach before and it was great fun. I would highly recommend this experience.

2 Thank Sunranger