“Great day for me and the girls”

Paul and Jill's Equestrian Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a guided horseback ride through the rain forest, past Danish ruins, along beautiful white sand beach with palm trees and spectacular vibrant blues of the sea, while discovering a wide palette of tropical sights and sounds from kapok trees, tarzan vines and wild bromilliads to gigantic termite nests and tame honey bee hives.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I took my 3 and 7 year old grand daughters to Paul and Jill's stables while visiting St. Croix. paul and Jill were excellent hosts. We saddled up and headed out to the rainforest and beach for our ride. The 7 year old had her own horse, on a rope behind Jill and the 3 year old rode in front of me. Throughout the trip, Jill pointed out plants, animals and shared interesting tidbits of information about the area and St. Croix. We paused for pictures on the beach. Upon our return, they sent us off with a bag of fresh mangoes and star fruit from their trees. Great day!

There are newer reviews for Paul and Jill's Equestrian Stables

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Jill lead an awesome tour for us. The pictures we got were amazing. The history of the island and scenic views added everything you could possibly want to my first riding experience and first visit to St. Croix. Stunning!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We booked a ride for three - 2 younger, 1 older; only one of us had ridden much prior. It didn't matter - Jill had horses to suit each of us. She takes the time to talk to each person and find out what you are comfortable doing. The ride was WONDERFUL - a great way to see and learn about the island. Having been born and raised on St. Croix, Jill knows the island as well as she knows horses. It was a great ride and a highlight of our vacation - Thanks, Jill!

1  Thank mbwinusa
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I'm an experienced rider and I took my 14 year old son, two of his friends and my husband - none of whom ride - we had a GREAT time. Beautiful trails through the rain forest with Jill guiding and giving us background information on everything we were seeing; old plantation ruins, termite nests, iguanas, rain trees, mango trees. Then, we come out of the forest, cross a road and ride out across the beach - it was magnificent. On the way back to the stables everyone got a chance to canter up a hill a couple of times - the boys loved it, the horses loved it - don't miss this!

1  Thank ssk1256
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This was the most fun my wife and I ever had. We had made reservations prior to going and they held our spot for us. Over and hour and half of beautiful views, including a walk on the most perfect beach. Jill lead the tour while Paul held down the fort and blocked traffic for us when we crossed a street to get to the ocean. They are the kindest people and made sure everything was perfect for each of the riders. We will defintily ride with them again when we make it back to St. Croix. All 24 horses are beautiful and well kept. My horse was named Fritz, a beautiful big brown male who was soo tame. I didnt have to do much, thankfully, since i've never riden before. Fritz was on auto pilot most of the time from doing the walk so many times proir. He was so beautiful. Jill even took pictues for us with our camera so we can always remember the fun we had. I would definitly recommend this for anybody who wants to meet the 2 kindest people and have a spectacular time on their beautiful horses!! It was awesome!!