“Great Ride!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paul and Jill's Equestrian Stables

Paul and Jill's Equestrian Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a guided horseback ride through the rain forest, past Danish ruins, along beautiful white sand beach with palm trees and spectacular vibrant blues of the sea, while discovering a wide palette of tropical sights and sounds from kapok trees, tarzan vines and wild bromilliads to gigantic termite nests and tame honey bee hives.
Ocala, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Ride!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We booked a ride for three - 2 younger, 1 older; only one of us had ridden much prior. It didn't matter - Jill had horses to suit each of us. She takes the time to talk to each person and find out what you are comfortable doing. The ride was WONDERFUL - a great way to see and learn about the island. Having been born and raised on St. Croix, Jill knows the island as well as she knows horses. It was a great ride and a highlight of our vacation - Thanks, Jill!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank mbwinusa

Villanova, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What fun, beautiful and what nice people!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I'm an experienced rider and I took my 14 year old son, two of his friends and my husband - none of whom ride - we had a GREAT time. Beautiful trails through the rain forest with Jill guiding and giving us background information on everything we were seeing; old plantation ruins, termite nests, iguanas, rain trees, mango trees. Then, we come out of the forest, cross a road and ride out across the beach - it was magnificent. On the way back to the stables everyone got a chance to canter up a hill a couple of times - the boys loved it, the horses loved it - don't miss this!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank ssk1256
Tavares, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Unforgetable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

This was the most fun my wife and I ever had. We had made reservations prior to going and they held our spot for us. Over and hour and half of beautiful views, including a walk on the most perfect beach. Jill lead the tour while Paul held down the fort and blocked traffic for us when we crossed a street to get to the ocean. They are the kindest people and made sure everything was perfect for each of the riders. We will defintily ride with them again when we make it back to St. Croix. All 24 horses are beautiful and well kept. My horse was named Fritz, a beautiful big brown male who was soo tame. I didnt have to do much, thankfully, since i've never riden before. Fritz was on auto pilot most of the time from doing the walk so many times proir. He was so beautiful. Jill even took pictues for us with our camera so we can always remember the fun we had. I would definitly recommend this for anybody who wants to meet the 2 kindest people and have a spectacular time on their beautiful horses!! It was awesome!!

Visited May 2013
Connecticut
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

My Husband and I made reservations and on the day we were suppose to go I became ill. My Husband called and spoke with Paul who was very nice and allowed us to rebook for another day. (He could have said, so sorry you are out- and kept the $200.00 deposit like some excursions do if you cancel) We were so happy about that.
When we arrived we were cheerfully greeted by Paul and Jill and their variety of dogs. Jill worked on matching horses to the riders experience and Paul helped us all get mounted and ready to go. Jill gave everyone a quick lesson on how to steer and stop the horses. That is really all you need to know because these horses are very well trained and on auto-pilot-they know what to do.
My husband and I use to ride a lot when we were kids and haven't been on a horse in many years. Jill made sure the horses were in a certain order-some of them will bite the horse in front of them or for whatever reason, she lined us up and off we went into the rainforest. Jill knows the horses and land so well. She gave us an interesting tour of the trees, plants, animals and history of the property and area. We would stop and let the horses nibble on their favorite snacks. Things like seed pods that fell from the trees that they just loved to nibble on. (I'm sorry I cannot remember what they were called) I was able to snap some pics along the way, hoping I would not forget the names of the trees and plants she was educating us about. We arrived at the beach and the view was breath taking! The horses love to roll in the sand and Jill quickly told us how to hold the reigns so they would not try to get down in the sand. I actually would have loved to see them do that. It seemed funny to me. We rode along the shore for a bit and then circled around. Jill took our cameras and snapped pics of each person. She took some of my husband and me separately and some with us together. She was very detail orientated with the backgrounds and made sure we had some very nice pics!
We are very happy with ours. After the beach we headed back through the rainforest and continued our tour. Jill is very knowledgeable from living there all of her life. She has a good sense of humor and it made the whole experience that much more fun! We returned and the horses walked right to where they are suppose to be to find a tasty treat waiting for them. Paul helped tied the horses and helped everyone off. The whole experience lasted almost 2 hours.
After reading some of the negative reviews, we cannot understand how anyone could not enjoy themselves. I guess some people will complain about anything and everything. We really and truly had a great time and highly recommend anyone to visit Paul and Jill's.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Deb316400
Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enchanting Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Just finished up a family ride with spouse and 9-year old daughter on April 1. I'm a farm/cattle guy who grew up with horses, wife and daughter have little experience in the saddle. Everyone finished the ride better acquainted with the local flora/fauna, delighted with the riding hostesses Jill and her sidekick Meg, and well, we just had fun. Getting to the stables is a snap with a local map and a quick phone conversation with Paul. Check-in is simple, and after a 30-minute tutorial from the witty owners, you're ready to "ride the range", even if you've never mounted a steed . . . . ever.

The tour itself lasts about 1.5 hours through the nearby lush forest and on a beautiful west-end beach. The horses are well-cared for, tame, and know their way around the trails nearly as well as Jill does. You will be escorted by Jill and her lead horse Sir Lancelot, the former of which provides a delightful discourse on her family's island roots. Jill meticulously points out the more interesting plants and trees during the forest ride, complete with giant termite nests, parasitic tree-killing trees, mangos, papaya, and you'll also see offspring grinning from ear to ear (if you have any). You'll see zebra butterflies and geckos. Did I mention the grinning kid?

The beach ride is on a gorgeous portion of the coast that could have been the backdrop for Gilligan's Island. You'll never forget it, since your hostess will skilfully snap off some pics from the camera you provide.

Paradise is great, but Paradise on horseback is greater. Just ask my wife and daughter. Paul and Jill's is a can't-miss. Highly recommended.,

Visited March 2013