“Pleasant ride on a beautiful island”

Paul and Jill's Equestrian Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a guided horseback ride through the rain forest, past Danish ruins, along beautiful white sand beach with palm trees and spectacular vibrant blues of the sea, while discovering a wide palette of tropical sights and sounds from kapok trees, tarzan vines and wild bromilliads to gigantic termite nests and tame honey bee hives.
Falmouth
“Pleasant ride on a beautiful island”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My daughter and I recently rode at Paul & Jill's; everyone was friendly - even all the dogs and horses! The horses we rode were well tempered. We enjoyed the ride through the rain forest, learning about the local flora and fauna. We went out on the beach a little, we got to canter quite a bit. There are also some ruins from an old plantation. We enjoyed Jill's commentary and Meg's helpfulness.

If you are expecting a fine equestrian center, forget about it - that's the US! This stable is in the Caribbean and has all the laid back character one would expect there! Don't worry, the restroom is better than many I've seen on islands.

We enjoyed our experience at Paul & Jill's stables. It's a nice alternative to beach, water sports, and island touring. There's something quite relaxing about a trail ride! Paul, Jill, and Meg are warm and welcoming, and are sensitive to everyone's individual riding abilities. They put thought into choosing the appropriate mount for each person. We highly recommend the experience!

Visited February 2013

Amsterdam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Not worth the money...”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This is an approximately 90 minute ride for $100. The route is mostly single track through rain forest that has trees that have been decorated with stuffed animals by the owners (very tacky). You also get to see some lovely junked cars along the way. You do get out to the beach, but only for about 50 yards before turning back. Also could have done without the ongoing commentary by Jill via an annoying bullhorn. While kids may enjoy this, it really was something I'd rather forget. As instruction was very minimal, I do not recommend this for someone that has not previously ridden.

3 Thank EuroJoeAmsterdam
Merriam, Kansas
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great ride for the experienced as well as beginners.”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Recently we participated in the horseback riding tour at Paul & Jill's. Not being an experienced rider, I was anxious but realized very quickly that both Paul & Jill were very attentive to my concerns. I was extremely pleased with my horse and truly enjoyed the ride. Jill displayed a great knowledge of the history of St Croix and the habitat of the island along with a sense of humor. I loved the entire experience, highly recommend it and look forward to the next time.

Visited January 2013
Virginia, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“They know horses, just not customer service”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

First, let me say that Paul was great. As was the helper lady (I can't remember her name). Jill? Not so much. I understand she's been doing this forever and it is a routine for her but for the price she could be a lot nicer. She talks through a bullhorn. I know it is effective but its a contradiction to be in this beautiful setting and then have to listen to this brash voice yell out at you. They do a great job of matching up with the best horse. We got there in one of the little rainstorms. That's to be expected in the rain forest and didn't bother us a bit. The rain forest tour is really cool and you'll see trees and plants that you'd rarely see on the mainland. The beach was nice but since we visited during tent week, it was really crowded. That's OK, it is their island after all! I'm glad we went but, honestly, if you are on a budget and looking for a way to spend $100 per person (this includes kids!), there are much more fun and customer service friendly providers on the island. If you don't mind blowing $100 per person to walk through the little rain forest then go for it!

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Andrea W
Merriam, Kansas, United States
“Informative, fun, scenic and safe for any skill level”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We were visiting our daughter that lives on St Croix and took Paul and Jill's horse back tour. Everything was ready when we arrived and they had matched their horses to our abilities very well, all the tack was in good shape and Paul did a great job of adjusting everything for us. The ride was very pretty and Jill can tell you about all the plants and trees and give you a lot of information about the area as she has lived their since childhood. We got to ride along the beach as well as the rain forest and we were very comfortable with it all. Highly recommend the ride to people of any skill with horses.

Visited January 2013