“Took the Teenagers Horseback riding”

Paul and Jill's Equestrian Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a guided horseback ride through the rain forest, past Danish ruins, along beautiful white sand beach with palm trees and spectacular vibrant blues of the sea, while discovering a wide palette of tropical sights and sounds from kapok trees, tarzan vines and wild bromilliads to gigantic termite nests and tame honey bee hives.
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We were told when we made the reservations with Paul to arrive at 130pm - so the taxi pulled up to the place at 115pm and the firth thing Jill did was yell at me - she said we werent suppose to be there until 2pm- when I told her not only did Paul tell me 130pm but I had check the web site the night before and it said 130pm as well her response was " we don't update the website" ( is that my problem?) Any how my 2 13 year olds were fitted with helmets and very nice horses and away they went. They seemed to have fun ! they didnt go far as I heard Jill talking 90% of the time into a bull horn ( I guess they didnt see any animals because they heard Jill coming) They took some nice photos on the beach,

3  Thank sandraG434
There are newer reviews for Paul and Jill's Equestrian Stables

Reviewed December 19, 2012

My wife and I visited Paul and Jill’s while spending the day in St. Croix off the cruise ship. It was about a 10 minute taxi ride from the ship. Upon arrival our horses were already saddled up and ready to go. We took an hour long ride with Jill as our guide. Jill was knowledgeable about local landscape an animal life. Most of the ride took place under a beautify canopy of trees. Wee only on the beach for about 10 minutes because my wife wasn't comfortable riding on the sand. I would recommend this ride for a novice. Unfortunately we were never given the opportunity to actually ride as we were told it was too hard on the horses. Worth the money for a novice rider and some local history.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Although DH and I live here full-time, we rarely do something that visitors do unless we have guests that have something on their list. This happened last week and I'm really glad it did. Neither my guest nor I had been riding before and this was an absolute perfect introduction, quiet and very interesting. The flora was foreign to me as we live on the dry side of the island and the rain forest is completely different. Jill had our horses ready and they were so incredibly gentle; I had "The General" and my friend had "Mr. MacGregor", both were perfectly paired with our experience.

Jill and Paul: I commend you for taking in the island's "orphans" to give those horses a real chance at a second life. Not only did we learn about some of the incredible edibles on the trees but learned about horses, of which we were both ignorant.

We were accompanied by several of the dogs that live on the property and they enjoyed chasing iguanas while Jill hopped off her horse to pick up some passion fruits for us to try.

I will definitely recommend this tour to our future guests; interesting as it is beautiful. A wonderful, slow and safe ride made our experience extremely pleasant and we talked about it for the rest of the day. Thanks to Jill and Paul!

1  Thank rcarp626
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I leaped at the chance to travel to St. Croix on business, and we were lucky enough to arrive 1 day early to experience the island first. With our limited schedules, we prioritized a horseback tour in the rainforest as the #1 item on our to-do list, and Jill was willing to accommodate us the same day we called. When we arrived at their lush tropical plantation, we were impressed by the good body condition, glossy coats, and contented behavior of the horses. Their feet were in great shape, most shod recently, and all displayed excellent ground manners. We were outfitted with comfortable and well-cared-for tack. My horse was sure-footed and joyful, loving the feel of water on his legs and wishing I would let him take me for a swim, lol. These people really know their stuff--not only about horses. We also learned oodles about the local fruits (delicious samples straight off the trees!), wildlife, trees, and culture of the island from a first rate tour guide with a pleasant humor and a knack for story telling. I can't think of a better way to get to know the island. Did I mention the breathtaking views, picturesque Caribbean beach, serene rainforest, and echoing sugar plantation ruins? TAKE THIS TOUR and leave a tip- you know they are putting it right back into the horses.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

My cousins and I had the most incredible horseback riding experience with Jill. As novice horseback riders, we were pretty aprehensive about riding horses but were up for something new and challenging.

Without knowing anything more than our names, height & weight and that we were inexperienced riding horses, Jill paired each of us with a horse that mirrored each of our personalities and individual temperaments. From easy-going,mild-manner Bayou to happy-go-lucky Jupiter, our horses carried us on a wonderful trek through the rainforest while Jill informed us about all sorts of interesting facts about the ecosystem and pointed out historical artifacts dating back to the 1800's.

Overall, it was awesome!