“Nice Trail Ride” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paul and Jill's Equestrian Stables

Paul and Jill's Equestrian Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a guided horseback ride through the rain forest, past Danish ruins, along beautiful white sand beach with palm trees and spectacular vibrant blues of the sea, while discovering a wide palette of tropical sights and sounds from kapok trees, tarzan vines and wild bromilliads to gigantic termite nests and tame honey bee hives.
Camarillo, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice Trail Ride”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

My wife and I visited Paul and Jill’s while spending the day in St. Croix off the cruise ship. It was about a 10 minute taxi ride from the ship. Upon arrival our horses were already saddled up and ready to go. We took an hour long ride with Jill as our guide. Jill was knowledgeable about local landscape an animal life. Most of the ride took place under a beautify canopy of trees. Wee only on the beach for about 10 minutes because my wife wasn't comfortable riding on the sand. I would recommend this ride for a novice. Unfortunately we were never given the opportunity to actually ride as we were told it was too hard on the horses. Worth the money for a novice rider and some local history.

Visited December 2012

st. croix USVI
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Talked about this for the rest of the day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

Although DH and I live here full-time, we rarely do something that visitors do unless we have guests that have something on their list. This happened last week and I'm really glad it did. Neither my guest nor I had been riding before and this was an absolute perfect introduction, quiet and very interesting. The flora was foreign to me as we live on the dry side of the island and the rain forest is completely different. Jill had our horses ready and they were so incredibly gentle; I had "The General" and my friend had "Mr. MacGregor", both were perfectly paired with our experience.

Jill and Paul: I commend you for taking in the island's "orphans" to give those horses a real chance at a second life. Not only did we learn about some of the incredible edibles on the trees but learned about horses, of which we were both ignorant.

We were accompanied by several of the dogs that live on the property and they enjoyed chasing iguanas while Jill hopped off her horse to pick up some passion fruits for us to try.

I will definitely recommend this tour to our future guests; interesting as it is beautiful. A wonderful, slow and safe ride made our experience extremely pleasant and we talked about it for the rest of the day. Thanks to Jill and Paul!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank rcarp626
Naperville, Illinois, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“TAKE THIS TOUR!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I leaped at the chance to travel to St. Croix on business, and we were lucky enough to arrive 1 day early to experience the island first. With our limited schedules, we prioritized a horseback tour in the rainforest as the #1 item on our to-do list, and Jill was willing to accommodate us the same day we called. When we arrived at their lush tropical plantation, we were impressed by the good body condition, glossy coats, and contented behavior of the horses. Their feet were in great shape, most shod recently, and all displayed excellent ground manners. We were outfitted with comfortable and well-cared-for tack. My horse was sure-footed and joyful, loving the feel of water on his legs and wishing I would let him take me for a swim, lol. These people really know their stuff--not only about horses. We also learned oodles about the local fruits (delicious samples straight off the trees!), wildlife, trees, and culture of the island from a first rate tour guide with a pleasant humor and a knack for story telling. I can't think of a better way to get to know the island. Did I mention the breathtaking views, picturesque Caribbean beach, serene rainforest, and echoing sugar plantation ruins? TAKE THIS TOUR and leave a tip- you know they are putting it right back into the horses.

Visited September 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Incredible Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

My cousins and I had the most incredible horseback riding experience with Jill. As novice horseback riders, we were pretty aprehensive about riding horses but were up for something new and challenging.

Without knowing anything more than our names, height & weight and that we were inexperienced riding horses, Jill paired each of us with a horse that mirrored each of our personalities and individual temperaments. From easy-going,mild-manner Bayou to happy-go-lucky Jupiter, our horses carried us on a wonderful trek through the rainforest while Jill informed us about all sorts of interesting facts about the ecosystem and pointed out historical artifacts dating back to the 1800's.

Overall, it was awesome!

Annapolis, Maryland, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“poor customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

i am a traveling nurse here in st. croix. i have always wanted to ride a horse on the beach. when calling to inquire about a horse ride, i asked jill about a weight limit for the horses because i am a slightly bigger female. jill so POLITELY informed me that "i have been doing this for over 40 years i know when somebody is lying about their weight and if i think you look to fat we'll step on a scale. i do NOT want any fat people on my horses." now i was really disappointed and hurt by her tone of voice and rudeness. it would have been nice with a simple yes or no, not a degrading tone of voice. for this reason i would recommend you NOT use this woman for a horse ride.

Visited September 2012