“Interesting Experience”
Review of Sea Thru Kayaks VI

Sea Thru Kayaks VI
More attraction details
Owner description: BIOLUMINESCENT BAY TOURS in the only clear kayaks on St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands and only one of two operators using clear kayaks in the world. Visit our bay at Salt River National Park which is currently being studied by the National Park Service and Dr. Michael Latz of Scripps Institute California. Experience the bay that the scientific community was unaware existed until a year ago and now is being called possibly the best of the six or seven year round bioluminescent bays in the world. Our see through boats are the best way to view this definitely better than swimming through it.
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We went on the bio-luminescent tour. It was really cool. The guides were terrific...when they saw that my daughter and I were floundering, they hooked us up to the last kayak so we could make it to the salt marsh. My family didn't know where to look, up or down...the stars were magnificent, yet the bio-luminescent creatures were cool too. It truly was a once in a lifetime experience. When you rowed across the water and looked down, it seemed like a special effect in a movie.

seathru, Owner at Sea Thru Kayaks VI, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Bryce and I say thank you for coming out with us and we are glad that you both enjoyed our tour. As you saw our kayaks afford you the ability to just look down and view this phenomenon as it engulfs your entire kayak. Much better than a conventional kayak which only gives you glimpses of the bio over the side of your kayak. Best. Bryce and Craig

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My mother and I had a great time exploring an off-the-beaten-path area of St. Croix. Unfortunately because of our cruise itinerary, we could not take the bioluminescent tour, but even during the day there were interesting things to see amidst the conch piles and mangroves. Getting there in our rental car was half the fun, but make sure to study your maps ahead of time to have a basic orientation of the island... don't trust that anything will actually be labeled!

seathru, Owner at Sea Thru Kayaks VI, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Hi. Bryce and I would like to thank you and your mom for coming out with us. We are glad you enjoyed the tour. "The Best Of Both Worlds" tour is our favorite because of the abundance of marine and terrestrial life you see and touch on this tour. Best. Bryce and Craig

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

OMG! So much fun! The sky was beautiful and the luminescents were beautiful! A fish jumped in our boat and the weather was perfect. The history lesson was great!

Hi. Thank you for coming out with us.As you got to see our boats are the best way to view this phenomena, way better than swimming in it. And the fish in your boat was an added extra bit of excitement. Two nights ago it was shrimp landing in a boat, made for a great scampi. Hope to see you again. Craig and Bryce

Reviewed December 15, 2013

A friend of mine made reservations for the bioluminescent (nighttime) kayak tour - we almost didn't get to go because of inclement weather! Fortunately the tour was on and it was well worth the effort.

Our trip out to the inlet was a bit rough - we were the only kayak with no male muscle (and neither of us had done ocean kayak before) so we struggled a bit. However, no one left us behind and everyone was very encouraging and talking us through it. The tour made one stop at a little beach to empty the kayaks of water and then we were off again.

The bio plankton was amazing! As another reviewer mentioned, you can dip your hands in the water and watch your fingers sparkle. Our tour guide Bryce swam under our kayaks several times so we could see how much the water lights up. He gave us a lot of information about the lifeforms in the area, then we paddled around at a fair speed and could see the bio creatures under our boat - it was light going warp speed in space! We were also lucky enough to see a bio jellyfish as well, neon green and very bright.

The return trip was cake - we fought the wind the entire time going out, so on the way back we held our paddles up in the air and used the wind for sailing. Back to shore in ~15 mins.

The tour was great, our guides were informative, funny, and always mindful of safety. This would absolutely be on my list of repeat adventures.

seathru, Owner at Sea Thru Kayaks VI, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Bryce and I would like to say thank you for coming out with us. And yes our bio bay is AMAZING, Better than anywhere else in the world according to the scientists who are currently studying it. We are glad you got a chance to experience it. Aloha. Craig and Bryce

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I can't say how much this adventure really made me respect what St.Croix is all about. Born and raised on St.Croix and always hanging out on the land next to the a the bioluminescent bay I had never resized the full potential. I have always heard of it but never really saw anything! I have to say it was the coolest thing i have ever seen. This tour is amazing. Bryce was very informative, full of knowledge. My farther in-law love it. I recommend everyone to try this. If you come to St.Croix you better make sure you book your trip!!
P.S. Bring padding for you tush, if you don't got one hahah

1  Thank Pedrini_31
seathru, Owner at Sea Thru Kayaks VI, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Glad that Bryce and I were able to really show you your old "backyard". Bryce was fortunate enough to also grow up with the bio bay as his backyard. And now we have our previously unknown bio bay being called the worlds best by the scientific community. Hope to see you again and thanks for coming out with us. Best. Craig and Bryce