Me and my now Fiancé, stayed our thanksgiving week here & I have to say it is a beautiful place! But there were SO many things wrong that we will never go back!
1- upon checking in we were charged $1300 (even though we paid in full prior to the trip) because their information was wrong! We spent our first evening there on the phone with Chase bank fixing the issue & they "ran" out of all their welcome drinks.
2- Tide Pool Hike- don't ever so this hike!!! We are very athletic people and this is for experienced people only. I had mud and ants ALL over me! It was so bad we didn't even make it there, we turned around!
3- there is NO ENTERTAINMENT at this resort AT ALL. No live music, no activities, and their bar closes at 11! And nothing opens until 10 am!! There isn't anyone to bring you drinks to the beach or pool, so you have to walk up to the bar each time (&its a hike sometimes) It was such a boring stay we had to take taxis everywhere & that got ridiculously expensive.
4- the front desk ladies are highly incompetent! We TRIED to get reservations for dinner, taxi reservations, reservations for boat rides and reservations for kayak tours. Every time we asked she said "yes, we are good to go" AND EVERY FREAKING TIME we NEVER had reservations & taxis would always have to be called!!
5- the "noseeums" on the beach. They're basically beach fleas! Sting you like a mosquito but look like a flea! By the time I was home I was COVERED in bug bites and they itch like crazy!!!
6- The Staff. They Literally act like they hate all vacationers. Most of the local people seem very racist (against whites) and act like we are idiots! We asked if we could change the music at the bar (it was always on Christmas music or classical?)
And the bartender replied "yeah we can change it to jimmy buffet, but it makes me wanna blow my head off.." WTF??? It's the Carribean!! The staff doesn't care how much you paid for you're stay, they hate you being there.
This property is incredibly beautiful, but after going through one thing, after another, and another I will never go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a tropical oasis at Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa. Our resort in St. Croix, US Virgin Islands offers a one-of-a-kind luxury setting within the foothills of a lush tropical rainforest. We sit only steps away from the pristine sands of Estate Davis Bay and our oceanfront resort offers easy access to many exhilarating outdoor activities in St. Croix. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort And Spa
- Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Hotel St. Croix
- Carambola Beach Hotel
- Carambola Beach Resort
- Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa U.S. Virgin Islands